Welding costs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've seen a few bikes on here that have the inverted women's frames, which I think looks really cool. I have zero welding skills or equipment so I was wondering what it costs to get someone to fab a new bottom bracket for you and weld it on. Same with the seat conversion.

It is going to depend on where you live and who you ask...
Keep it more affordable by doing all the fab work yourself, cut the metal, fishmouth it, mark everything where you want it... exactly!!! do it all, and than just let someone weld it together the pieces, far cheaper than someone else doing all of that work for you. Business people tend to like being paid for the time they put into a project.
It is a simple matter of economics, skilled labor that is only performing 1 task is cheaper than skilled labor that requires many different tasks, setup, welding, cutting, layout...

Make sense?

HTH good Luck!

Rich

Price, local welder here in town, $60 per hour. Buy a good welder. My 110 volt Miller with cover gas, used about $1000. Or have a friend do it, free. Since I bought my welder I have done many projects and saved thousands over the years. Made 4 utility trailers, replaced quarter pannels on cars and trucks, Fixed hundreds of items for myself and friends, and even the bikes and custom parts on the bikes.

Latest posts

Back