well d day has come

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the bylaw officer came buy today and said you need to cut your lawn!!!! (which he is right my grass is almost 2 feet high in someplaces) he asked if he could look in the back yard and i cringed as i nodded yes :cry: he says soooo whats with the bikes? i said i fix them up , he says well the lawn the car parts and the bikes in three weeks or else!!! so the cleanup begins!!! im storing all the better ones inside a garage but all the mid seventies cruzer bikes are goin its time to get picky!! i guess havin 63 clunkers around was pushin it!

Tell him that he is to leave you alone.

Tell him you are letting the "Grass go to seed" and reproduce the way that Mother nature intended Grass to do.If he has issues ,you will get an Enviromental Lawer on him. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

doh i hate that .... its to bad you cant put all the bikes on a cart (a super big cart) that would fit in the garage, roll it in to store them and out when you need the space then you could keep them beauties...

i hate when yard work gets in they way of bike biulding

Clothespin "n" said:
Tell him you are letting the "Grass go to seed" and reproduce the way that Mother nature intended Grass to do

HA- Tell him the bikes are reproducing. You had no idea that they had been that busy.

tell him you were fixing them up for charity to give to the police department for them to give to underprivileged kids . I loose alot of bikes locally who fixes them up to take to kentucky to give to his cousin who pays off the local police with bikes to keep his moonshine buisiness going lol

Go natural...

Go to the local hippy tree hugger earth store...get some 'native grass and weed' seed for you area. Plant it...water it well and say you have a 'natural' lawn. When grown...the natural flora will eventually hide the bikes. :D

how about.. youre a metalologist studing the effects of a natural enviroment on the molicular structure of steel welded objects used by the local populace.....OR you work for the RAND corp or HALABURTON and you can make him disappear :shock:

id fight it. i bet you there is no law on the books that says anything about bikes. cars and car parts i can understand, but bikes? thats seriously ridiculous.

good thing my last place wasnt in your city. we had over 500 bikes.

Mow. Put all the bikes you can inside. Take apart some for maximum storage space.

I bet if you mow, they lay off.

Stupid laws.

Could/can you tell him that "no he can't look in the back yard" ?

Maybe invest in some tarps.

Every two months, I go through my "haven't moved" pile and pull parts, donate the rest to a local cause.

I obviously don't know the guy, but my experience with people in similar positions is that they don't like being unreasonable any more than you do. Dude probably was obligated to come by because he had received a complaint from someone, and also obligated to report that he had spoken to you about it.

Do you think it would help if instead of getting rid of stuff you move as many complete bikes indoors as you can, strip your incompletes down into parts and sort them into some kind of order (labelled rubbermaid bins or something)?

Back