Western Flyer for me [Mo' pics!]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mo' pics in lower post

Pickings are slim around here for tank bikes however this one was listed for abit. maybe the rust scared people away? me likes it very much just how it is

It's even a skiptooth, my very first one! lol

The stems that neat alloy one that they had back then, it appears to be stuck.

101_0038.jpg

Re: Western Flyer for me

Super nice!!! Our friends north of the border seem to be scoring some very fine two wheel treasures today...looks to be a Cleveland Welding built Western Flyer...maybeso?...P 8)

Sweet find! :D That bike looks AWESOME as is 8)

Yeah It's a nice ride i rode it around tonight I did distance on it lol it works well besides the crank grinding to a almost stop, I knows what it is though, I have to open that anyway for I have a much better crankarm for it! the curved type one. ill take more pics in the morining of it for yall.I actualy just whiped it down with oil and said good enough lol maybe later on i'll get it repainted, i wouldn't mind having a piece of showcase lol I got three tankbikes now, YES!

looks like an cwc built western flyer i have one just frame and some weird forks??? but no tank :cry: :cry: :cry: saaaaweeeeeeet bike bro that just looks rad as is 8) 8) 8)

beautiful looking bike, have fun with it.

Anybody have a rack that rill fit it, it seems to attach to rear axel or something, dosn't have to be correct one, would prefer but not needed.

How old is it? any ideas? I don't know much about american bikes lol

I put the Monark's seat on it since it was broken and the seat from the western fixed the piece, it's only temp till I reopolster other one.

also a picture taken with his new family member! Bob the bike!
Bob has crappy rims till his are refinished. it was winter so It was on hold

Shhh The color is brown... lol
101_0039.jpg

101_0040.jpg

101_0041.jpg

101_0042.jpg

101_0043.jpg

101_0044.jpg

101_0045.jpg

Judging by the curve of the down tube and the attachment point for the chain guard, it's is either a '47 or '48. This is my '46, which now has a 3-gill tank on it too! I might have a rack for yours that would be close to original. I will check the parts stash today.

bikestuff343.jpg

The chainguard mounts in a anoyying place making the rear wheel have to be removed to remove it lol. I like these big old bikes. the one issue i'm finding is that hanging it in my shed is a task, they are heavy and theres other bikes hanging close to it lol.

But Yes! if you have a pic of that said rack that would be great!

SHeesh, that should make up for any slim pickins you will ever have, that this is sweeter then anything I own!!! :shock:

Yeah it's pretty neat, I greased all the bearings and the stem came loose without any hassel after i flooded it with wd40 for a night. I also cleaned alot of the parts, alot of it asides from paint is in very good shape still.

Latest posts

Back