Western Flyer Muscle Bike Rides Again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the origonal post i wrote about a week ago about possibly getting the bike

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60398

I ended up getting the bike for 20.00. He was asking 35.00 but had no interest in it. I picked the bike up last Tuesday and have been working on it alittle each day in the late evening due to the heat. The bike was in pretty good shape other than rotten tires and the brakes were shot and missing parts. The chrome looks very nice.Seat was like new . I replaced the rear wheel with a coaster brake wheel that is kinda rusty but works well..added some good used tires and a longer cruiser crank and new hand grips I also added a nice rear sissy bar reflector and all new reflectors to the wheels and front. . It rides like new . The only money i spent was on a new tube for the back tire at Walmart. Got a total of 25.00 invested and well worth it.
Here are some pics. The first is the "as found" and the other is the finished pic. The chainguard is missing but i am putting on a nice chrome sprocket guard from a ten speed but havent done that yet because i need to drill out the old sprocket rivits.

wfmb1.jpg

wfmb2.jpg

Nice find. a score at 25.00, for sure.

if you have the rear wheel , I'd be interested, as I have a Western Flyer Buzz Bike 3 I need a wheel for , lmk ?

Latest posts

Back