Western Flyer Tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I bought this from the original owner today. His father bought it brand new back in the 60's but never used it because of how hard it was to ride it. It's all original down to the tires, the chainguard is even there (apparently they're impossible to find). I cleaned the bike up a little bit when I got home and cleaned the paint and the chrome and it looks NICE!! The paint cleaned up really well, I was hoping I wouldn't need to repaint it. I still need to polish it a little. I've been wanting a tandem bike for a while now, but never could find one around here that isn't over $200. I'm going to clean and oil the chain and re-build the rear hub. Also the rear handlebars won't tighten in so I'll have to figure out what's wrong there. Hopefully it'll be a rider... that is, after a few falls and I figure out how to ride it lol. I need to buy a new set of whitewalls and tubes for it and maybe some new black seats? I don't know yet. This will be my last purchase until spring break, I need to save money because there's a swap meet in Houston that week.

6723151135_f765d2b748_b.jpg

I have a big chain guard like that one.. :lol:

SWEET! This one is a Huffy built Western Flyer, and it is in the very SAME paint scheme as my 1963 Huffy. Whats the serial number on this? Personally, I prefer the Western Flyers or the red "Daisy-Daisy" tandems;I see a bunch of yellow and orange 70s ones. I get a little tired of them.

Well I searched all over the place for the serial code with no luck, but I did find out that all the joints under the bike are brass? Thats cool. Wait, maybe the code is on the the dropouts.. hmmm

***Yep that's where it was, It was stamped upside-down on the left rear dropout. The serial number is 3H128

I recently found an all pink Western Flyer with a time-matched baby seat on the back. Needs lots of love in the chrome regions, but paint and condition otherwise is great.. What might it be worth?

Latest posts

Back