What are you listening to?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have no clue my young friend.

It was the explosion of accessible High Fidelity, buddy. Transistors! FM radio, longplaying record albums, hi-fi stereo tape in the car!

Even forgetting about the changes in music itself, If you were an audio junkie like me it was a very exciting time.

The explosion of high powered amplifiers was a big deal too. I fixed a lot of TVs and radios in the 60s, and set up many sound systems.

The highlight for me was about 1971 when I got to wire up the sound system for the county fair demolition derby.

It was part of the tractor pull, which I had no interest in. Wonder of wonders, my girlfriend’s father was running the thing, and he got me to be the tech inspector.

That’s when they found out that I was the only one that knew how to set up the sound system.

You have no clue my young friend...
I guess my joke didn't come through
between 1959 and 1966 all the squares turned round
I was taking your comment about the record's graphics (which I adore, by the way) and extending it to a sort of social commentary on the era

download (2).jpeg

Squares
joe-namath-9420129-1-402.jpg

... turned round

Last edited:
You have no clue my young friend.

It was the explosion of accessible High Fidelity, buddy. Transistors! FM radio, longplaying record albums, hi-fi stereo tape in the car!

Even forgetting about the changes in music itself, If you were an audio junkie like me it was a very exciting time.

The explosion of high powered amplifiers was a big deal too. I fixed a lot of TVs and radios in the 60s, and set up many sound systems.

The highlight for me was about 1971 when I got to wire up the sound system for the county fair demolition derby.

It was part of the tractor pull, which I had no interest in. Wonder of wonders, my girlfriend’s father was running the thing, and he got me to be the tech inspector.

That’s when they found out that I was the only one that knew how to set up the sound system.
I have a '63 1/2 Ford Galaxie that has a quadraphonic amplifier behind the backseat and I can see where the optional phonograph used to be installed under the dash. A real rocking machine in '63!

recordplayer.jpg

This morning’s wake up call:
85A835CC-F348-455A-B89C-6633FBFDBB2E.jpeg

D1646A79-A194-4DAB-B061-0C6331218F2F.jpeg

This album was recorded in three channels and mixed down to stereo. I cannot find a date on it anywhere but my mom bought this 50 years ago and it was used then. I’m guessing this was produced right around 1960.

Latest posts

Back