What are your computer stats?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always curious to see what people are running for machines, post your stats, mine....
DELL
Pentium 4
2.80ghz
1.50gb ram
ATI Radeon X800GTO 256 graphics
Sound Blaster Live

DELL.jpg

Yours?

I've got a Dell. It's slow...about 15 feet per minute. :mrgreen: I don't have a clue on the rest but it has a sticker that says "Pentium Inside". My wife is the computer guru, I'm just an undertrained operator that barely gets by. :oops: Gary

My computer's are all home-built, I do custom computers as one of my hobbies.

Currently, mine's a socket 754 board with an Athlon 64 in it, I honestly can't even remember how fast it is. Has 2GB of RAM, two hard drives (an 80G and a 160G) and has a Quadro FX 1000 card in it, and an older Sound Blaster sound card. I use it for audio/video production, and it runs Ubuntu Studio Linux.

Before:
Hardware-Shot2.jpg

And after:
final-13.jpg

Not to hijack the thread.... but since we got all the computer geeks in one place :oops:

My old desktop took a dump. wouldnt power up so I came to the conclusion that the power supply went out... probably after I found one of the large capacitors rolling around loose in there.. lol So I went out and bought a new one, well even with the new power supply it wouldnt do anything. Was told the motherboard might have gotten damaged when the power supply went south?

At any rate, I abandoned the thing and bought a new desktop, my question is I have a bunch of pics and music I want to save off my old HD, but I dont think I can just pop the old HD into the new desktop since I think its not the same bitwise.

New Desktop is a HP a6530f running 64 bit Vista
Old Desktop is a emachines T2542 running XP (32 bit?)

I think the only other option would be to take it to a repair shop and have them extract my junk to disk?

Ive got a couple of laptops, but I would have to buy some sort of adapter to make it all work.

any ideas?

My roomate built this for me from spares and leftovers, I have only a vague idea of what goes, but...

AMD Athlon XP1700+
1.08 GHz 1.00 GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce Ti 4200 RAMDAC 128 MB

17"Kogi monitor
IBM keyboard(it's pretty old but it's supposed to be the cat's pj's)

Oh, I have the side cover on to keep K9 noses out. :mrgreen:

I say there are plenty of cheepo doorstop P2's for 10-20 bucks off a boss or a buddy, Slap that hard drive into it and get it backed up., then just use the crappy machine for storage. It's still useful for some things... :D

Oh and... "I have the side cover on to keep K9 noses out." :mrgreen:
They don't like a fan in the face, heheh 8)

I used to be into computers and built a few for myself. I'm out of touch any more as to what the latest is. Our most recent computers are off the shelf.
The wife and I each have a Dell desktop. Mine an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz and 3 GB ram running Vista.
One of my old home builts is downstairs at the bar and was what the grandkids used when they were here.
A HP laptop for when we travel.
My work laptop is a Panasonic Toughbook.
I back up to a My Book.

I was waiting for a PC thread :D

pcrig.jpg

Intel Core 2 duo E8400 3.0Ghz CPU
OCZ 550watt power supply
500 GB Western Digital HD
Arctic Cooler 7 Pro CPU Cooler
BFG 9800 GT OC 1GB Vid-Card
4 GB of Stock ram (For now)
22" LCD widescreen monitor

Play a few games. Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty World at War, Battlefield 2, IL-2 Sturmovik, Flatout, etc.

This doesn't seem like the kind of forum where this will start some ridiculous flame war so here goes . . . I've got a year-old 17" MacBook Pro. Used to be a PC builder and tinkerer but had to use Mac to run Final Cut Pro at work. I was reluctant at first but I can't say I'm hatin' it. At first I installed Windows and Linux on the Mac - thinking I couldn't live without - but I ended up never using either so I deleted them to make space. After a few weeks, OSX just felt right to me.
:D

Latest posts

Back