what chain do I need??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I bought what looked to be a NOS Sturmey S3C ( i know... but its the right one for my year :roll: ) off of Jsouth and need to get an indicator chain for it while i"m ordering the rest of the stuff its missing. BUT! theres 4 different lengths (mark 1,2,3,4) and I cant find the model S3C reference on any of the sights that sell them or sheldon's

anyone know what "mark" of indicator chain I need for a S3C?

TIA as always!! :mrgreen:

I don't know your answer but it may help to post the year of the hub. It should be on the shell.

I have the parts diagram for the S3C but don't know what yr or if there were any changes along the way.

pic-110_1.jpg

As you can see the indicatoer chain is listed as HSA126, now in my 2011 SA product catalogue this is listed as spare part HSA126 MK2. There are 8 MKs listed altogether from 1 to 9 missing 7 for some odd reason. MK1 is HSA125- it appears that the MK of the hub doesn't corrolate to the individual componet MKs. Hope this helps

Looks like there are 2 or 3 sizes of axles. 6 and 6.25 look to be the most common. HSA 126 for 6" axle and HSA 315 for 6.25" . Take a axle length so we can narrow it down.

its the 6" 152mm axle. all i needed was a part number and sturmey lists it as a Mark 2 , so thats what I need!

thanks a Ton! and for the sweet explodo view as well!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back