What do you bust out when you have a need for speed?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For me, one of these.
IMG_8907-2.jpg

E tu?

well some times I air up the tires on this Cinel track bike. but no brakes and 53/13 tooth gear. makes for a city traffic death trap.
DSC02871.JPG

but I have others.

DSC02872.JPG
DSC02875.JPG
DSC02876.JPG
DSC02873.JPG
DSC02877.JPG
DSC02878.JPG
DSC02861.JPG
plus just added this new chrome to the fleet.
and my most road one
DSC02874.JPG

Last edited:
I have not seen a Vitus like that in person since about 1990. Flexiest bike frame I've ever seen.

Funny you bring this up as I am currently building a replica of a bike I had as a child that I raced against every willing bike back in the day.

It was a Schwinn Fastback frame that I had built using parts off of a Schwinn 10 speed. I learned to lace wheels on that bike and took apart 3 bikes to get the wheel hoops, spokes, and tires.

I recently aquired a 1970 Schwinn Fastback frame along with some parts and I've had a Schwinn Continental 10 speed laying around so I'm building it out of pure nostalgia. The high flange front hub, rear 5 speed hub with super nice chrome, derailers, crank, shifters, and brake calipers will be used with the original rim hoops and I'll try to find a set of original Fastback tires then add some ape hangers and a nanner seat.
Screenshot_20221127-191047~2.png
IMG_20221112_132224876.jpg

The speediest bike I own. An 80's Nishiki Sebring. This bike has an earlier era Kabuki front fork. So I call it the Nibuki. Originally 27" but now 700c. Originally sidepull brakes, now center pull. I put 180mm MTB triple Raceface crank with square taper axle on it that I bought used. This bike is a little faster than all my others. 69cm frame size.
IMG_1229.jpg

Really nice pair of steel race bikes from back in the day. I raced a Schwinn 1971 Schwinn Paramount which was very similar to the Colnago. Sew ups, Campagnolo cranks and derailleurs. I didn't like the Campy sidepulls of the era and Schwinn gave you the option of buying Weinmann centerpulls so mine was so equipped. Very durable fast light bicycles. Of course you strapped your feet into the pedals instead of the modern setup. Shoes had cleats nailed onto the sole. If you crashed you did not come loose from the bicycle. I found that out the hard way. Again really cool bikes.

oof that Pinarello!

Racing back then was so colorful. The bikes, the kit, everything. I hope we're nearing the end of the matte black era.

Latest posts

Back