What era is this Mesinger saddle?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I recently picked this mesinger. Trying to deduct what era it's from, or what it might have come off.

IMG_0814.JPG

I've tried to find examples of another with no luck.

IMG_0813.JPG

The chassis looks like that of others I've seen with leather tops from pre 60s or so. But the vynl/rubber type top seems much later.

IMG_0812.JPG

The underside is stamped 'patent applied for'. The top has the classic logo.

IMG_0815.JPG

I dig it regardless, just satisfying curiosity. Any help is appreciated!

The size and thickness of the steel on the seat post bracket looks 40's or 50's, for a lucky seven seat post. The underside plastic or metal insert portion looks different than any Mesinger seat I've seen, but the vinyl has an older textured look to it. I'd guess 40's or 50's by the springs also.

The size and thickness of the steel on the seat post bracket looks 40's or 50's, for a lucky seven seat post. The underside plastic or metal insert portion looks different than any Mesinger seat I've seen, but the vinyl has an older textured look to it. I'd guess 40's or 50's by the springs also.
Thanks for the insight! I was guessing around then too, just like you mentioned, it's just a little different then what I've come across. To the late 50s Schwinn I'm building up it goes!

Back