What happens when you put two women together and make one?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Trouble....is my builds name. I've always been a fan of road bike designs that are a bit out there from the conventional. Im always researching future designs and old patent designs. From the new to the old I watch them all. But from doing patent research from the late 1800 and up its seems like alot of old things have become new again. Taking this into account I went with that mind set for this design. This picture is the new road bike designs that I really love watching.
cube_bike.jpg

But I was thinking that man that sure looks like something Ive seen before and then it hit me....a girls bike. So heres my rough drawing of the design IM going to build.
framedrawn.jpg

Taking two girls bikes Im going to use the down tubes from one to make the seat post. I'm probably going to raise the original seat height abount 6 inches. Im going to remove the seat stays and flip and lower them to flow with the down tubes. The drive train is still up in the air I have a dana 3 speed crank that I might use or a 3 speed rear wheel or both together? I hope to build a braking system that will use the crank to activate the brakes just like a coaster brake setup. But that should give you all a very rough idea of my build.
thanks Terry

Cool concept, but, Will the welds hold all that leverage?
Hope they do my friend, I know it would crack to the first road bump if I were welding that...

That's too weird - I was thinking about a VERY similar frame layout about 5 or 6 months ago.
Best of luck with it, I'm interested to see if it works!

When I read your post the first thing i thought was....are you ready,,,,,Trouble.... I'm not a hater though ok......Women...don't hate..

Ok so I guess I have to get a new name for this build.....but heres a few hours of cutting and hacking. First the donors a Schwinn Hollywood and a Schwinn trike.
SANY0375.jpg

SANY0374.jpg

I took the fork from the trike which is 24 inch and added it to the Hollywood
SANY0380.jpg

So I stripped it down and started the layups. I added 6 inches to the seat tube. I put an old seat post inside to keep the added on part lined up.
SANY0384.jpg

THen I started cutting the top tubes. I went with a tube from another girls bike for the top one cause the Schwinn tube didnt quite look right and the bottom top tube is from the trike.
SANY0392.jpg

So heres the start of my build.
If anyone has a thought on a name shout it out. My last bike I built a womens tandem my friend named it the IM not going to say it.....look at it.
SANY0327.jpg

later.....

Well here a couple shots of Trouble. Got the frame cut and welded today. Still have to add hopefully one more tube to go between the two lower tubes and will line up with the lower top tube. This has the 24 in front fork and wheel and 26 in rear.
SANY0395.jpg

SANY0396.jpg

aka_locojoe said:
Wow very cool and unique. It looks pretty tall though are you?
Na Im only 5'10" I added 6 inches above the standard seat tube height which put it at about 23 1/2 inches from the top of the bottom bracket. But with the 24 inch fork and wheel my stand over height is about 30 inches. I tried to put it in between my two road bikes I have My Schwinn Traveler is what I call a tall boy bike and my Trek 360.
Thanks for following the build I hope you all like it when its done. Still have a few more tricks to work out I hope I dont run out of time.
Terry

Latest posts

Back