What happens when you put two women together and make one?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it looks kinda like a what you'd imagine an older version of a full suspension mountain bike would be. like some long lost 60's prototype or something. a schwinn springer on the front and a rear section from a mountain bike with either it's spring or the spring off a schwinn springer (if it would support the weight, or a solid bar inside it to just give it the look) would compleat the appearance.

aw man, now that's a new project floating in the back of my head.

What a great frame it's so modern but at the same time keeps the classic vibe. I love it :D .

I like it, what a cool transformation and knowing what I do about Schwinn girls bikes I suggest a gusset between the
bottom tubes. Those frames are known to bend and you now have more leverage on them. Look forward to the finished bike pic.

Well many schwinn girls bikes actually had a short tube between the the two down tubes and when I was on it testing the weight of me on it the flex is between the two so Im hoping that the one will give it the support it needs. Im hoping to keep it as bare bones as possible and practical. I could just box the whole thing in but someone kinda hit on my thoughts of an experimental 60's bike that you know just didnt quite make it and was pushed over in the corner somewhere.
Not sure how IM going to paint a someone pushed it over in the corner somewhere but I hope it comes to me.
Terry

Well trying to stick to the 60's prototype build thats someone mentioned I built a set of prototype handle bars. I wanted a set of triathlon handlebars that would have maybe been where they would have started back then. The bars are made where you slip your arms inside the butterfly opening and grip up front. Would get the low stance with the arm rest. Minimum wind resistance and a little bit of comfort. Plus there are still many other places for your hands also.
Terry
SANY0430.jpg

SANY0431.jpg

bigblockthing said:
those bars are crazy in the best way possible...it almost looks like you can use them as a bike stand too

Yea they are not working it looks like a took Micky Mouse and shoved him on the front of the bike. Made another set and it just makes the bike so front end heavy. Ended up taking a set of road bike handle bars and reshaping them some.
Terry

Well been messing around with wheel sets and the new handle bars. The wheel set I took a schwinn crank gear and fit it to the 3 speed hub and ran a matching gear on the crank. Hate it....just cant bring myself to put a cable on it so going with a single speed coaster brake wheels and maybe a truss rod front fork . The 24 inch wheels probably going to be out felt like I was standing on my head. The handle bars I took a set of road bike bars and cut and turned the lower parts inward and angled then to kinda flow with the frame. Still get a slight arm rest with them just shorter than the other bars and got rid of the heavy front end look. But heres some pictures and a not so good video of me out testing it today.
Terry
SANY0436.jpg

SANY0437.jpg

SANY0443.jpg

WICKED!..................Color?

Stripe it! Black and.........

Latest posts

Back