What is this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Found on local CL. Look for a ladies bike.
IMG_0979.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huffy chainring
Newer saddle
May be a mix of other parts

Murray chainguard i think.
Road bike stem

In SA getting ready to head back home to Katy. Offered the guy 50. Baskets, seat and springers are worth at least that.

I figured it was a hodgepodge of different parts. Old Skool Huffys are cool!

Thanks!

Went ahead and bought it for 50 bucks. All it needs is a good cleaning and maybe a chain. Figured the springer forks, seat and rear baskets are worth that alone. Gonna sand rust with 0000 wool and then treat the rusted parts with linseed oil and let it bake in the backyard for a few days. Guy that I bought it from bought an old house and this and some other cool things were left in the garage by the previous owners.

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG

Those seats sell for $40-50 so you got a good deal

Same frame as my daughter's 68 Huffy Camaro. Red band Bendix one speed! The fenders aren't a good fit, but are chrome ducktail. i would be tempted to strip everything off and build up a boy's frame with all those parts.

Been racking my brain out about the chainguard. I don't think it is a Murray. I think it is an old Huffy one. Very similar to the Huffy Dragster chainguard only longer. Looks very cool with the way it sweeps up in the back. Your thoughts?
IMG_1010.JPG

Cleaned it up and put it up for sale. Could still use some more elbow grease but I am out of [emoji481]. Is a nice Ladies Rat Cruiser or parts could be stripped and put on a men's cruiser. On the fence about using boiled linseed oil in chrome. Looks cool as is.

IMG_1011.JPG
IMG_1012.JPG
IMG_1013.JPG
IMG_1014.JPG
IMG_1015.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back