what is this???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I first bought this bike that was hanging on a fence at a coffee shop here in Skagway , Alaska in 2005 . It then was used as employee transportation for a company and I recently got it back and we are gonna rebuild . I can't figure out what it is , removing the paint only showed an ES in a diamond shape on the BB.
Shop+7-11+%252826%2529.JPG

Shop+7-11+%252835%2529.JPG

IMG_1725.JPG
:?:

more pics that can be enlarged at : http://recycledskagway.blogspot.com/

It may also be an older Worksman. I'm going by the angle of the brace on the downtubes. I've only seen them like that on Worksman frames. Worksman wheels have heavier spokes and the rims are unique to them. Can you post a closeup of a wheel?

e6twrb.jpg

Re: what is this??? Eureka ! Solved !

Your right - its a Worksman ! After your tip , i did a little research and was able to find someone with an identical one , all the parts matched - BB shell , tabs for chain guard , and numbers in the same spot on both . And the spokes that are about as thick as pencils! Thanks for the tip! The year is still a mystery , It has a real old looking fork style , a huge front hub , and an old neck stem . If anyone knows how to tell years on these (there is a number on the BB Shell ) let me know !

Latest posts

Back