What it is from NC KS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I'm a noob to this world and am looking forward to any and all support i can get. I was raised in SoCal riding a Schwinn beach cruiser which i wish I still had and because of this, My wife and I have decided to raise our 3 kids (9, 6 and 4) on the old steel Schwinns as the new bikes made overseas are IMO junk. My eldest has a girls 1060's Murray Spaceliner, my middle has a 1969 girls Schwinn Stingray "Slik Chik" and my youngest has a boys 1970's Schwinn Stingray hodge podge. Recently, I picked up a Schwinn which is badged as a Spitfire, but also has a Hornet chain guard. I found out at Schwinnforums.com that my bike is actually a 1954 Schwinn Hornet which is missing a few parts here and there - but also in my opinion is in pretty good shape. I was advised by a freind to join this site as well as there is great info here which i can get so i can get my Spitfire/Hornet/whatever back on the road.

thanks in advance for the support

TOMCAT

there is a few folks from kansas here.. kind of a sorry looking lot... but nice bunch of peeps... check the events..
they have a show coming up, couple of hours from your area .. but will be worth the drive. you will meet a good bunch ..
and its family friendly ... welcome ...

Henry morgan said:
there is a few folks from kansas here.. kind of a sorry looking lot... but nice bunch of peeps... check the events..
they have a show coming up, couple of hours from your area .. but will be worth the drive. you will meet a good bunch ..
and its family friendly ... welcome ...

Thanks for the info! I'm not originally from KS, but it's home for me and the fam. I'll probably go to the event that's coming up - that sounds like fun. My kids will want to ride every bike they see, so I might go solo but we"ll see.

Henry morgan said:
there is a few folks from kansas here.. kind of a sorry looking lot...

What are you talking about? we look ok.... Not like we're from Oklahoma or anything.
Ugly-people-are-the-worst.jpg

:D

Henry started it!!!

Lol, its all good, figure if Henry can poke... ugly Kansas folk can poke back :D

I hope he comes to the Bike fest, Ill shake his hand and feed him hot dogs till he pops.... He's our kinda people 8)

and yeah Oops... :oops:
Tomcat, welcome to the site, hope you make it to the Bike fest also.

Back