what kind of frame is this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I never seen one of these before. looks like the cantilever tubes are twisted before they join the top part? this is the only pic the guy has sent me. on my photobucket, you can enlarge it a little. is it a optical illusion? I cant tell. im thinking of this frame as a starting point for boten. thx for any help!

got a good txt from the guy. he is delivering it to me in Omaha for 50 bucks! that's he total price for bike and delivery. 160 mile round trip. he said the model is a thunder? now I am committed to boten!

LOoks like an optical illusion to me. :crazy: I guess we'll know for sure when you get it.

I believe this is a Ross. Most of their american-styled frames had a faux cantilever frame (likely when Schwinn held a patent on the canti through 1959), compared to this which is a real cantilever. They did produce frames like this a little bit later though, so I'd go with that.

Bicycle Chain Corp. ThunderJet? Made in NJ, with pre Ross history.
Chainring and guard are a match, crossed canti bars unknown. You could find some neat old graphics under the guards repaint and a cool headbage!
images

Last edited:
The fork crown also ID's it as a Ross. As usual, the forks are bent, but can be straightened or changed out without much trouble. The fenders and chain guard look pretty straight.

Latest posts

Back