What model of Haro is this

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband bought me this Haro 20" bike but we are not exactly sure what model it is and don't really know much about it. I love Haro bikes they are super sleek looking as well as being comfortable to ride and pull some easy tricks on. I have recently started to customize this Haro exactly. I am mainly looking for like the specs on it as far as that part components and just more information about the bike in general.
IMG_20240823_025018990.jpg

My husband bought me this Haro 20" bike but we are not exactly sure what model it is and don't really know much about it. I love Haro bikes they are super sleek looking as well as being comfortable to ride and pull some easy tricks on. I have recently started to customize this Haro exactly. I am mainly looking for like the specs on it as far as that part components and just more information about the bike in general.View attachment 279837
Do you have more pictures or at least one that’s less dark? Also, what is the serial number?

My first guess is that it’s a back trail or something similar but hard to tell from that one photo

The guys at BMX Museum dot com will have your answer in minutes. Include the serial number too for the year.

Haro sold scores of models, maybe over 100. Bob Haro got his start in bikes with freestyle bikes in 1978.

serial number decoding:
K=November
7=1997 (or 2007) (late year production for the next season)
KY = model Model codes don't always match the model name.
The rest of the numbers are a sequence number so the 2,494th frame in that month, or model or particular frame. You never know if they used separate numbers for each model or for the entire factory. 2500 per month is a lot of bikes for a small company.

I don't see any similar frames in the 1997 catalog.

2007/2008 catalogs do have the Z1 with a similar frame and colors. 3 colors in 2007, 4 in 2008. The Z1 was listed in 2007 2008 2009. The 2009 had 3 bright colors only.
1 piece cranks oem. So yeah, someone changed out the cranks for something better.
Z1 was an inexpensive general purpose kids bike. not a freestyle or race bike. for "Tearing the sidewalks".

2007.Haro.Z1.page17.jpg

2008.Haro.Z1.page26.jpg

Last edited:
Haro sold scores of models, maybe over 100. Bob Haro got his start in bikes with freestyle bikes in 1978.

serial number decoding:
K=November
7=1997 (or 2007) (late year production for the next season)
KY = model Model codes don't always match the model name.
The rest of the numbers are a sequence number so the 2,494th frame in that month, or model or particular frame. You never know if they used separate numbers for each model or for the entire factory. 2500 per month is a lot of bikes for a small company.

I don't see any similar frames in the 1997 catalog.

2007/2008 catalogs do have the Z1 with a similar frame and colors. 3 colors in 2007, 4 in 2008. The Z1 was listed in 2007 2008 2009. The 2009 had 3 bright colors only.
1 piece cranks oem. So yeah, someone changed out the cranks for something better.
Z1 was an inexpensive general purpose kids bike. not a freestyle or race bike. for "Tearing the sidewalks".

View attachment 279967

View attachment 279968
Ok so after doing some extensive research and looking through different websites I have finally determined that my bike is a 2007 Z20 Haro with the V-Brake setup on it. I found this information on the official Haro website itself but I'm trying to find out all the components and their measurements but I'm not quite sure where to look I got some of that information from the Haro website but it was mainly like the angles of stuff and like the stand over height and stuff like that not really what I was looking for I want to find more extensive details about the bike if you know what I mean

Latest posts

Back