What Operating System Are you? Post a Pic of computer Space

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Operating System are you?

• Mac OS X

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Windows XP

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Other(Linux Etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok guys, just curious to what operating system you guys use and prefer.
After switching to Mac...i dont think im ever going back

and im curious to see how bad vista is doing and how many people STILL prefer XP over it

Re: What Operating System Are you?

never used a mac. it seems geared for "their" stuff. as for vista vs. XP i'm 50/50 i got xp on the desktop running safari :mrgreen: and vista on the laptop running IE. like them both

vista hasn't done me wrong but if left untweeked it could be a pain the donkey

I got xp on my desktop and love it. Got vista on laptop and hate it. None of my older progeams will work on the vista. I guess I don't know how to tweek it. :(

I was using whatever the latest version of OSX was until last March when I left the world of professional graphic design and left my MacPro behind with it. Since then I've been using XP and XP Pro on my work and home computers, I can't complain about anything in particular, but I sure miss Mac OS.

I run XP just cause that is what is cheap. I would not consider any Microsoft system until they release service pack 2.

All other software is opensource(firefox,thunderbird) or google-docs,apps etc.....

Mac at home, XP at work... :)

I started out with a Triad system back in the early 1980's. It didn't even have a CRT, just an LED display on the keyboard. But it wasn't considered a PC back then. The first PC I used was a Window's 3.0. Then 95, 98, then up to XP I'm currently using. My son recently got a iMAC and personally if I was going to upgrade, I would go with the MAC. To me, it is better for managing image files. Thanks!!!

gheytest.jpg

can you guess which way I voted??
I'm kidding. I have to say that I've considered a Mac for my personal computer the last two times I bought, but I like my old pair of shoes, so to speak.

thatismytruck said:

I'll just shelve that one as a poor attempt at humor.

I run Giraffe, or whatever it is, OSX on my laptop. And XP on my desktop for "work." XP makes my skin crawl. Vista makes it run away. I've used DOS, 3.0, 3.1, 95, 98, 2000, ME, NT, XP, Vista, Linux, OS8, OS9, and OSX. The simpler ones were more stable, and OSX managed to incorporate most of that stability into a decent interface.

TheFlyingDingo said:
Ok guys, just curious to what operating system you guys use and prefer.
After switching to Mac...i dont think im ever going back

and im curious to see how bad vista is doing and how many people STILL prefer XP over it

wow, only 5 macs so far.....

i would never own a PC again after using macs for 3 years or so.

Well yeah, humor, honest. A mac guy friend sent it to me. I didn't mean to offend. of course it could be the gay part that offends. Again, my apologies. My mac using gay brother and his partner think it's hilarious.

I am running Vista on a 3GB RAM & 320 gb Dell machine and like it. It took a small amout of time to get used to though.
But hate Office 2007.

My new toy this week is a 14.7 Mpix Canon G10 just relased a little over a month ago. So time to reshoot photograph some bikes. Time to head to Sears and get those cheap lights mentioned in "How -to".

xp sp3 on an older custom machine I built with a 2600 AMD Athlon™ XP-M OCed to 3200 on a Asus A7N8X Mother board with 2 gig of corsair ram, 2 raptor 74 gig 7200 rpm hard drives in raid 0, one 320 gig data drive, audigy platinum 2 soundcard and an ATI Radeon 9600 pro vid card stuffed inside a windowed antec Lanboy alloy case
its way outdated now but 3 years ago this thing was a monster lol
oh a dell 19" crt and a samsung 17" lcd monitor
and last but not least the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 speakers ... can you say "those rock!" :)
ontop of a spacious retro 1960s desk
PB060003.jpg

even my desk has rust!
PB060001-1.jpg

XP. I occasionally have to work in Vista and don't care for it. I built this one several years ago. A P4 2.5G running 2 drives in a "striped" format (I think that's what it's called) and 512 ram.
How about pictures of everyone's computers/desks. Would be neat to see where everyone spends all their time :D
desk.jpg

I use XP when im at school and at my friends house(using his computer to play the sims) I use Vista

I notice no problem with vista, but one who uses it every day might notice something.

Running XP and Linux systems at home, AIX, SunOS, & various flavors of Windows Server at work. I recently built a new system for my wife and had a choice of XP or Vista - I went with XP of course... I dig that desk Hooch, and I've got an early 60's steel "tanker" desk in the garage awaiting some bodywork. Gotta love furniture that you can repair with a welder 8)

Latest posts

Back