what should i ask for this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not usualy a person who picks up girls bikes, but this one looks too good to let go for yard art. He's got it listed at 100$ but, what could I be safe at for a price? The extra handlebars it comes with are pretty cool as well...
5K95F75H53E63J73H8ca7fe2db22ab6d914c8.jpg

Are you buying it? or selling it?

if you are buying it.... its already sold. If you are selling it.... expect a bunch of phone calls.

Maybe it is, maybe it isnt? The reason I say that.... #1, Its a Schwinn, #2 It has some good parts, #3 $100 seems cheap for those parts.

Most of the time if you have to ask if its a good deal.... your gonna lose out, because someone else will come along and snatch it up. Best advice I can offer is to browse for sale posts here, and yes it wouldnt hurt to look at eBay either, that will help educate you on prices.

If that bike was parted out.... I believe it would bring close to $300 maybe more, depends on the condition of those wheels and if they are S-2's

My $300 estimate is based off of if that wheelset is S-2 or not.

even if its not a S2 wheelset.... I believe it could bring in close to $300 if parted

but im no Schwinn expert :roll:

All Im saying.... $100 isnt too bad, if you can get it cheaper, its just money in your pocket.

Those bars laying on the floor look like the ones that came on Westfield (Columbia) military bikes made during WW2. If so...ka ching! If that's a Rocket Ray headlight on there that's decent, you're looking at another $100. Gary

Gah!! I had him down to 50$, and I was going to look at it when I was in town today, but my mom just had to change her mind on taking me to his workshop!!!! I really need to get my drivers permit, so I can actually get some of these local deals...... I have no idea when I'll be back in town. And by then, it'll probably be sold. :x

Ratfink1962 said:
My $300 estimate is based off of if that wheelset is S-2 or not.

even if its not a S2 wheelset.... I believe it could bring in close to $300 if parted

but im no Schwinn expert :roll:

All Im saying.... $100 isnt too bad, if you can get it cheaper, its just money in your pocket.

Wait... what's so special about s2 wheels? I've got a pair in reserve...

S2 rims are the wide balloon tire rims. Schwinn rims are tubular, which means the metal is "folded over" and welded making 2 layers of steel instead of 1 like most other rims. Better for 12 year olds bouncing up and down curbs. Gary

Back