What the **** is this!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone,

I just won this bike off of ebay. I got it for cheap $49 + shipping
the seller didnt have any info on the bike.
but here are the givens: 24" straight bar frame, skiptooth sproket
I have posted pictures below, its all i have for now untill i can take better pics or specific ones
my question is, if therz anyone here that can help me identify the type of bike and year
any help from ur infinte wisdoms will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Bfw1BQBWkKGrHqMH-CcErfFMM1t5BLChl2p.jpg

Bfw2DQw2kKGrHqQH-DIEsJrQOheBLChmROz.jpg

Bfw2FTg2kKGrHqEH-CEErvFoQgqBLChmeJf.jpg

Bfw2Bcw2kKGrHqIH-CYErenO0ZuPBLChmGP.jpg

Re: *** is this!!

it is prewar i know that. and correct me if i am wrong and i think i am but the sprocket looks huffy to me but like i said i am probably wrong. cool find

bargain :) Shipping is killer. :x Got any numbers on that? I don't know enough to tell you any more than that "pre-war" style bikes were made by some as late as the early fifties.

deorman said:
bargain :) Shipping is killer. :x Got any numbers on that? I don't know enough to tell you any more than that "pre-war" style bikes were made by some as late as the early fifties.

no not yet, could u figure something out or help me if i got them?

el_espanto said:
deorman said:

no not yet, could u figure something out or help me if i got them?

Some one probably knows. #'s may tell all, or not. The kick stand, type of stand bracket, and separate seat post collar on the dropout are mostly later developments near the end years on those bikes. That type of fork was common all the way into the 70's! :mrgreen: Obviously that bike's older than that. :lol: More than 55 yrs.

bigblockthing said:
it looks like cleveland welding to me because of the peaked fenders and the dropouts with the notches at the top for the fender screws, i have a 26inch tanker bike with the same frame, i think its late 40s or early 50s

yeah man i think u might be right, the chain ring matches that of a hiawatha or cleavland welding, thanks were getting closer

The bike is a Cleveland Welding product made between 1950 and about 1954. The serial number with the complete Cw suffix will date the bike more closely.

bigblockthing said:
flip it over and take a look at the numbers on the bottom bracket, i just discovered that i have a 1952 womens roadmaster and a 1953 luxury liner :D

yeah i think its gonna be a cleaveland welding made boys roadmaster, just dont know the year, i have not reciedved the bike yet so i cant look at the serials,

does any one have pics of their roadmasters or of what ever u guys think it might be, so i can compare?

thanks for the responses guys, ur all in my kool book 8)

Here is a link to posts at the CABE revolving around the same frame.

http://www.thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7723

There is no doubt that the bike was produced by Cleveland Welding and dating it can be accomplished when you have the bike and can check the serial number.

As to the original branding, (Roadmaster, Hawthorne, etc.) the same frame was sold through many different channels most of which would have used a specific head badge. Other than the head badge the branded bikes would have differed very little if at all. Badge mounting holes can be a clue but are often not enough on their own to definitively pin down the original branding.

I think we need to install in a "rms37 button" into the forum for members to push when frame IDs are needed.

Sort of like sending up the bat signal. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
I think we need to install in a "rms37 button" into the forum for members to push when frame IDs are needed.

Sort of like sending up the bat signal. :wink:

Agreed :!: :!: :!:

24" cleveland welding bike, possibly baged as hiawatha, roadmaster, and some other brands. i have one.
DSCN6193.jpg

Dec0823cruisers002.jpg

I was thinking later CWC. My CWC had the bent tabs on the dropouts for the rear mounted center stand. Cool bike though. What's your plans for it?

repaint it. the lower picture was the bike before, the bike after is the top picture, obviously. i want to repaint it cuz i didnt prime it, not having primer, time, or money to prime it. :roll: oh and the front wheel needs touch up, the paint got gouged by a neightboring bike's pedal. :x i was thinking a slight chop to lenghten the frame and drop it, and get some full fat fenders, and make it a pedal scraping lead sled cruiser. 8)

kool man,thats what mine looks like .i have recieved already and will look at it and post better pics and post the serial number

Latest posts

Back