what'd I buy?? SOLVED!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
got this low step frame to build up for my daughter anyone know what it is?

I'm guessing dayton - huffy?

TIA!! :mrgreen:

IMG_20110831_134017.jpg

IMG_20110831_134041.jpg

IMG_20110831_134048.jpg

Re: what'd I buy??

thanks guys!! , the wald chainwheel doesn't help much I know, I was hoping someone would recognize the tank or chain guard.

unfortunately theres no badging left on it as this one got a brisk sanding before they rattle canned it just like everything else I find it seems.. :p

Rustinkerer said:
Looks like an Evans to me. (Scratches head.)-Adam

we have a winner!!

I figured I'd give it one more go with the thinner before i stripped it and lo and behold I found the faintest trace of "Air scout" on one of the tanks where the lettering once lived !! :mrgreen:

now, is there a way to date these things??

scrumblero said:
Rustinkerer said:
Looks like an Evans to me. (Scratches head.)-Adam

we have a winner!!

I figured I'd give it one more go with the thinner before i stripped it and lo and behold I found the faintest trace of "Air scout" on one of the tanks where the lettering once lived !! :mrgreen:

now, is there a way to date these things??

I don't think there's any serial info for them. If it was complete, with some trace of og paint/graphics, there are some catalogs out there. And the Wald sprocket was probably original, Evans used them on a lot of their bikes. They only made bikes from 1955-62, so there's your window! -Adam

Latest posts

Back