What's cooking?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took my wife to tour the queen Mary back when the spruce goose was still down there. It must’ve been a real terrific experience to travel on that ship. Just reading the menu was amazing.

My German and Irish ancestors all came here in between The Civil War, and World War I. I never thought about how they actually got here, but they surely traveled on ships much more primitive than the Queen Mary.
There were incentives in early 60’s for young European people. My in-laws were about 19 and 25. She was a kid but already matured beyond her dude. He signed where she told him to. They landed in Ellis Island. There was options and she selected Canada and then drove down to California. They were in Watts at an interesting time and met a good Mexican family. They had great stories, including Bull fights in Mexico. I have paintings they bought in Mexico, Very cool.
They had a house that was part of an Airport plans for expansion. They sold out and bought a lot in the mountains. 4 laborers bought lots from the builder they worked with. Cliff became a painter after attempting many other careers, including kitchenware sales. Door to door. His wife Sonny would invite people over to have dinner cooked on the high end pots and pans…. She was a real entertainer and helped close deals. The lots turned Into houses being built, and each tradesman did work on the 3 other guys houses. They had a $200 loan payment to build and didn’t think they were going to make it. They made it and it turned out to be a great spot in the middle of Malibu on the Santa Monica mountains. They threw some of the best parties in town back in the 90’s. I was there before I met their daughter…. They were amazing people with an open house on Holidays. Sonny and Cliff Brookes. ❤️

I took my wife to tour the queen Mary back when the spruce goose was still down there. It must’ve been a real terrific experience to travel on that ship. Just reading the menu was amazing.

My German and Irish ancestors all came here in between The Civil War, and World War I. I never thought about how they actually got here, but they surely traveled on ships much more primitive than the Queen Mary.

At some point they built a small guest house and the grandparents lived there too. Here is the crew’s signatures that are still on the garage floor. The Dogs Kelly and Dale got on the list too. So cool! I love their story and this was an opportunity to tell a bit. Sorry about that.

Attachments

• EDE9CF33-0BC8-4EFD-ADC1-D85A2508695A.jpeg
    EDE9CF33-0BC8-4EFD-ADC1-D85A2508695A.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
The last meal that I had was mutton chops and basmati rice last night.

not much made a Burrito some cheese Enchilada's & notcho's I know since I am part Irish and part Spanish. I should to day be eating Corn beef Taco's but I just did not have anr corn beef in my fridge.

Attachments

• DSC03219.JPG
    DSC03219.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I roast all the vegetables before they go bad, then use the hand blender to make a soup out of them with chicken broth. Parmesan cheese and croutons on top. The soup was gone before I could get a pic.
roast.jpg

roast2.jpg

One of our extended family members comes by every other Sunday to do a field day of our outdoor areas, including my shop. I pay him as much as he gets for a week's work, but I still could never see that much work done for what I can afford in the states. He has a bunch of kids so I make up a batch of oatmeal cookies to take home with him.

oatmeal.jpg

Latest posts

Back