WHEELIE CONTEST ???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you all think?
I'm sure there are a few bikes in our build off that will be good wheelie machines.
So here is a thread where we can post videos of our bikes in action.
So is it a contest or a showdown? :39: How far can you ride?

Carl.

I do think the ALiEN FiRE will wheelie even though its an old heavy MTB.
Some of it is in the gearing and some of it is in the balance, so we'll see...

Those with wheelie bars have an advantage, they can go as far as they want. As for me, count me out, I don't trust my frame to a wheelie.

The skid contest would work great. Actual pics of the skidmark. I can go down the mountain road until the tire blows out! But top speed might be hard to prove, unless we get pulled over by a cop with radar.

Now I remember why I took this pic.....can't see the whole skid but it's a dandy...I did not measure it...;-)
main.php

Nice wheelie!!

Nice pic!!! I have to contribute:D

What kind of tires is it?? Would like to know more about your bike. I love it!!!

Tire in back is an Oddyssey Chase Hawk 2.4. Front is a schwalbe durano that's off my '69 Fastback. Lime green bike is a 1964 Stingray with some mods. I need to make a thread for it sometime.

Some cool pics here,reminds me of when I was a kid in the '70s. I did some skids this summer,tried riding some wheelies too. Never tried it on a Mountain bike before,had the gearing all wrong. Landed on my scrawny old butt and elbows,sadly showing my age. It was fun though.

Chad T.
How do you get skids without a coaster brake? Back in the day I can remember great skid stops, locking up the good old Bendix coaster brake, sometimes snapping of the strap that held the torque arm and everything! Seems like the coaster always stopped in the same spot leading to the rapid destruction of my rear tire....:p

Back when I was a limber and agile kid, I used to jam my left shoe back between the frame and my rear tire, and skid my bike around slicker than snot.... ahh o_O not so limber anymore.

Carl.

Chad T.
How do you get skids without a coaster brake?

Leaned forward a little bit + a good caliper and an aluminum rim with nice flat sides...skinny tire doesn't hurt either but those tires are actually pretty grippy. These Tektro dual pivot long reach calipers are a nice easy upgrade for an older bike.

brake2_zps7f7530d2.jpg~original

Chad T,
Wow, what a brake setup! Even the actuation cable looks heavy duty.
Never saw anything like that before!

Latest posts

Back