where do you mostly shop for parts?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What on-line store (besides ebay/amazon) is your go-to for stuff like springer forks, handlebars, fenders, etc. for Cruiser type bikes ? looking for decent blend of price & quality with reliable seller.....

Husky
Albes
Planet BMX
Dan's Comp
Backcountry

Depends what I'm looking for

Edit.........removed Porkchop from my list. Not doing business with them any longer

Last edited:
thanks for tip on husky. I just bought $84 in parts that I couldn’t resist. But really, they have all kinds of odd parts for very reasonable prices. Thanks!!
I buy the vast majority of my "spares" from them. I'll order 10-12 tubes, 6 chains, etc.....

We lack bike parts shops up here. There's some in BC and ordering for the states is a no go shipping is wild. If I order I tend to get stuff from Europe because oddly shipping is cheaper than from the US

When it comes to small bits: EvilBay, wi$h, and occasionally Wally World. When things get a little more complicated I hit the local co-op. I just have the worst luck with

Bike shops

I always kept my eye on craigslist for old bikes for many parts. The people who have piles of stuff have the best selection, but you'll need a truck to haul all the stuff. You also may avoid all the Chinese parts.

I always kept my eye on craigslist for old bikes for many parts. The people who have piles of stuff have the best selection, but you'll need a truck to haul all the stuff. You also may avoid all the Chinese parts.
Pretty much what I do. Have tons of parts and often cheaper then buying the individual part and I've had other people build hole bikes from my pile.

Are there any places that specialize in cruiser or reproduction classic parts?
There's some. Bicycle Heaven in Pittsburgh, Memory Lane (that is shuttered now, I believe), Huntington Beach Beach Cruisers are a few of the biggies. Some show up in our banners. Then smaller shops that take some looking to find or word of mouth. There out there.

Thanks I checked all those out, lots of great options ! that Memory Lane place would have been cool ! The website is still up, but google says "Permanently closed"

Yeah, same as above, whoever has what I need or whoever is cheaper.
I edited my list

Removed Porkchop. I knew there were a few people at least over at BMXmuseum that had gotten burned by them but I figured it was just disgruntled and scattered. Now I've seen it a bit closer and have opted to no longer shop them

I'm in Australia and buy the parts I need from many sources including ebay USA and Australia, local bike stores, planet bmx and facebook market place. I needed a set of early mountain bike levers for one of my bikes. They are hard to find here and I usually look for them on ebay usa. It would have cost me over $100 including shipping but I checked facebook market place and found 2 old mountain bikes with the levers I needed for $25. There are plenty of other good usable parts I snagged off these bikes as well.
B7FD47A2-7471-4679-9826-11B9DEDEEE94.jpeg
72132D5D-5CF1-4616-890F-FAF2736AB297.jpeg

1622D742-0202-4095-AA00-58C7549C84BB.jpeg

Latest posts

Back