Who is IronDio?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the game. I just started to get back into bikes last summer. I refreshed my bmx from my childhood. It's a 1980 Schwinn Mag Scrambler SX100. I couldn't find the exact decals and such for the bike, but I got period correct decals and did my best with what I could find. I had SO much fun scouring the internet to find things for it!
223652_2330750708176_1232003405_32870993_93807_n.jpg
282014_2336365128533_1232003405_32878155_1035208_n.jpg

Next, I wanted to try a custom bike. I found a 1977 Sting Ray on craigslist that had bmx bars and tires and a mountain bike seat...perfect candidate. Just recently finished that build. I bought most of the parts, so I more or less designed the bike to be what I wanted. I want to try more fabrication on my next custom.
77Stingrayfrt.png

During the Stingray build, I got a '74 Schwinn Breeze ladies bike, a Schwinn World Tourist ladies bike, and I found a '60s Sears Flightliner on craigslist...so, I have no shortage of projects! lol

Welcome !! Love the Scrambler !! Just picked one up a few months back that could be its twin..where did you get the decals ? Mine is in desperate need of a set !! Just picked up a sissy bar similar to yours for my stingray too..enjoy this place ! :D

old school 64 said:
Welcome !! Love the Scrambler !! Just picked one up a few months back that could be its twin..where did you get the decals ? Mine is in desperate need of a set !! Just picked up a sissy bar similar to yours for my stingray too..enjoy this place ! :D
Had to scour ebay for some, got the rest from rinienterprises.com
The yellow and black seem to be very hard to find, had to get decals that were close, but were available when the bike was new. Good luck! But, more importantly, have fun! I love that bike! It was my first BMX.
Love that tall sissy! Nice back rest for a tall guy on a 20" bike. Lol

old school 64 said:
Also, I have a DuPont chromabase paint code for the "spicy chestnut" I matched to one pristine patch of original paint behind the head badge, if you're interested. :)

Yeah..really interested in that code..mine is the same color, but in need of being repainted for sure before i do the decals..pm me. Thanks !! :D

IronDio said:
old school 64 said:
Also, I have a DuPont chromabase paint code for the "spicy chestnut" I matched to one pristine patch of original paint behind the head badge, if you're interested. :)

Back