Why am I here?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My name is Justin Fender and I live in North Carolina. I'm a youth pastor, a husband, and a daddy of 3 at 33 years old. I've got a multitude of hobbies, and biking has always been one of them. For the past couple years I've been wanting to find another moped like I had when I was 16, but being that this state allows drivers with suspended license due to DUI to still drive mopeds and scooters on the road (a loop-hole I don't appreciate) the prices are too high, and if I did get one I'd blend too much. I kinda like to stand out.

I decided to build a gas engine bicycle, so I bought a kit from eBay, but I didn't have a bike yet. It couldn't be just any bike, I wanted something different. So a friend from NJ sent me a 1950 Columbia frame and a set of wheels (old Bendix hub laced into an aluminum rim, and a later model front aluminum wheel).

I had in mind that I wanted a kind of rat rod styled bike, but I didn't know about this forum until yesterday when I had already painted the bike, so I didn't realize so many others were building rat bikes. Now that I've been looking though photos here, I'm going to have to start building a fleet. haha

I'll post photos in the build forum, the bike it currently on pedals only, but will get the engine soon, hope I don't get banned here for using an engine. :lol:

Welcome ! I just wanted to commend you on being a youth Pastor, me & my wife did it for two years and although we loved doing it , it just became too much, with our own kids needing us so much , but my wife is still helping out as much as possible, I am keeping busy with the worship team playing the drums. Good luck with your build and God Bless!!!

Gold Street Customs said:
Welcome ! I just wanted to commend you on being a youth Pastor, me & my wife did it for two years and although we loved doing it , it just became too much, with our own kids needing us so much , but my wife is still helping out as much as possible, I am keeping busy with the worship team playing the drums. Good luck with your build and God Bless!!!

Thank you so much. I've been at it for 10 years now vocationally, it's been a hard road sometimes, but I understand that I will be miserable if I ignore this calling.

I posted my bike in the build section, can't wait to do another.

Back