Why do my projects go south....fast?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of "them" days I guess. Hot here today, so I figure I will work on my desktop computer, need to pull the hard drive to recover info prior to reformatting and reloading windoze (thanks Bill G) get the drive out only to find out that the box to put in is labeled wrong and has the wrong type of connectors in it. Nearest computer store is over 60 miles away and it's Sunday. Okay lets go play with the rat bike, I bought a bunch of parts earlier this week to get it on the road, just need to clean up a few things, repack the head set, bottom bracket and toss the new wheel on and go riding! First order of business is to pull the fork...bearings? there are SUPPOSED to be bearings in here! :shock: top bearing cage is there along with a couple of balls. Quick check of the parts bin...nope no bearings, check the junkers in the barn, the only one with bearings still in it is a 'dale MTB...oversized headset :roll: okay, lets go ahead and strip the paint off the frame...paint stripper is all gone, ate thru the can and ran across the storage building floor. Get the wire brush and drill out, flip the bike and start stripping, the right side chain stay is cracked open on the bottom, looks like freeze damage...and so the saga continues.... BTW it will get fixed with JB weld, but gotta buy more first :?

Aaron 8)

xddorox said:
Sounds like the kind of day where you crack open a cold one and watch the grass grow.

Thought about that too. but the fridge is dry and so is the county I live in...12 miles to the nearest place to buy beer :lol: and the grass isn't growing much due to drought (gee now I sound like Eeyore :roll: )

Aaron 8)

xddorox said:
Sounds like the kind of day where you crack open a cold one and watch the grass grow.

Yup one of them here 2 accept i was driving... Oh it was pepsi not beer! :)

Back