WINONA RIDER: finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those colors are really gonna "pop" in the sunlite! Is the banana seat on the bottom shelf the one selected for this ride??
Not for this project, though it would look cool. Going with blue glitter.

20230516_205319.jpg
Resized_20200727_203724.jpeg
Resized_20200727_203719.jpeg

Chemistry aside… that is a killer paint job. I doubt anybody will notice any close up imperfections unless you point them out. Photos and normal standing distance look great!
Thanks! Yeah, there is one part in particular that looks like a drip. It wasn't my drip, but my pride (as a painter) won't let me leave it, so I have an idea for removal/coverup that I will do later on. It's wild I can ignore chips and scratches that were not filled, and painted over, but drips? By Oden's neurosis...I could never. Lol!

20230528_200138.jpg

Last edited:
Had to go run some errands. Any one else pick up orphan parts in the parking lot?

20230528_211516.jpg

Anyone else score a free lunch in the parking lot (Ooooo, Texas toast!)?

20230505_202031.jpg

Also, anyone else have a jar in their workshop/garage? Or do you have a drain? You know, you know...😆

Had to go run some errands. Any one else pick up orphan parts in the parking lot?

View attachment 234398

Anyone else score a free lunch in the parking lot (Ooooo, Texas toast!)?

View attachment 234399

Also, anyone else have a jar in their workshop/garage? Or do you have a drain? You know, you know...😆
Texas Road Toast! Yum.

Love the paint. You sound like me, I find every flaw in my own work, and try to fix them. Others say, where's the problem...

Texas Road Toast! Yum.

Love the paint. You sound like me, I find every flaw in my own work, and try to fix them. Others say, where's the problem...
Thank you so much. It's true. Most of the imperfections can't be seen, or won't be seen once everything is assembled. *but I'll know* 😆😆😆

Thank you so much. It's true. Most of the imperfections can't be seen, or won't be seen once everything is assembled. *but I'll know* 😆😆😆
A long since passed, old dear friend of mine who taught me the art of acoustic guitar building used to tell me “ I still make mistakes, I just stopped pointing them out”

Though I gave it a 0000 rubdown, and cleaned the frame, I didn't take it down to metal or smooth out irregularities, so it still has a little grunge to it, but aside from the surface itself, the paint came out amazing! Got the blend I wanted, and hit it with clear. The beauty of Montana cans, is the paint dries so quick you can go to clear pretty quick. Had a Krylon high gloss readily available, so the clear will take slightly longer to dry. However, I've got my trusty dehumidifier hastening the process.

View attachment 234338View attachment 234339View attachment 234340View attachment 234341

Beuatiful paint job! Loving the frame also

A Cali punk band called the Angry Samoans released an album in 88 titled "STP Not LSD". There was a track with the same title, but I doubt that's what you are talking about...

I only listened for 30 seconds and 5 minutes later I can't get the hook outta my head, but my mind switches the acronyms and won't entertain the real lyrics. I think it's broken.

Another parking lot find lol!
Found the remainder of this little wood cutout (about the size of a silver dollar). Might use it as a stencil somewhere on my build. A ghost skull on the downtube might be fun?

View attachment 234780
That's a cool find right there! I actually dig the way it's broken; you can still tell what it is, but it's got its own character now.

That’s why I always pull the appliances from the walls and remove the tanks from toilets when I paint….because “I’ll know”…definitely some sort of psychosis, maybe it’s treatable with STP!?!? 🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts

Back