Wood frame beach cruiser - La Primera

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rat Bikers,

I'm hoping to get a pic of my first build on this site. Hope this works. "La Primera" - 95" long, 50 lbs, ride is smooth and tight. Still needs a finish coat. Hope you like.

Preston

Is that really wood ! it's kinda hard too see with such a small pic. but what i can see is stylish, 8) hope you can post some larger shots later ,i'd like to see some closer detail,looks good soo far...what kind of wood did you use ?

Rats,

It really is wood - the frame is 100% curly maple with metal inserts @ steer tube, bot. bracket, and seat post - custom aluminium drop outs @ rear fork. I have ridden 100's of bikes over the years - this is truly the smoothest, quietest ride I've ever had. La Primera, but not the last! More to come from Driftwood Cruisers this summer. I'm gonna try to stretch one out to 9 ft. +. and slam it real low. Glad you like.

Preston

Driftwood Cruisers is the perfect name for building those kind of bikes! :D Can't wait to see your upcoming build threads!

:shock: Very cool. I can't tell but did you put a finnish on it? I guess many many hours in that frame. love to see more pics up close.

Thanks for posting it.

Rats,

Here is a bigger pic - I think. Like bike building, I'm new at this "forum" bidness too. I have not finished the frame yet. It will get a "tequila" colored auto candy clear next week. Thx for the positive feedback. As expected, local bike shops are indifferent. Hod rod and chopper guys are a little more enthusiastic.

Preston

MoreBikePics035.jpg

Very sweet ,thanx for the larger pic. any idea how many hours you have into this badbear ?

Very nice. Craftman ship looks top notch.

I built a wood bike from Baltic Birch plywood and LVL(laminated veener Lumber). Even a wooden seat post. :D

That's a nice one! I like cruisers made of wood. What I especially like is the delicate framework. Simply superb!!! 8) 8) 8)
A mate of mine here in Southern Germany did the same stunt. But his frame looks a lot more massive.

dude, you got a woody! on a family forum no less. :)

great build can't wait to see more!

WOW! Love the bike. Wish I had your patience. Looks awesome. Post some recent pics when you get time I'd love to see more pics!

Outskirtscustom,

Check the "built from scratch" thread on this site - Driftwood Cruiser #1 - I've got finished pics there. Thx for the kind words - I've got several more in progress.

DPB

Back