WORKSMAN wheels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does anyone have a Worksman or Worksman wheels on their bike that can help me? I was looking around for some wider than original wheels for my next build and found a listing for Worksman 26x2.125. What I'm trying to find out is if the 2.125 is the actual width of the rim itself or its a reference to the widest tire that can be run on it. Any help is always appreciated!

I know it is most definitely not a middle-weight sized wheel. Its very wide, but I HAVE seen wider. They look wide, but the beads on the wheel are also wide...Does that make sense?

Being a Worksman dealer I can tell you that these wheels are great, the size is 26 x 2.125 , it is a clincher wheel that has a strong bead that runs along the rim for a better seal. The only wheels with 11 gauge spokes, almost a motorcycle wheel, as for fitting a larger width tire, try it out.

What is the actual width of the rim? From inside lip to the other inside lip? Is it 2.125 from outer edge to edge? The wheel I'm looking at is the 4131QA.

I know this question was aimed a someone who has these rims.
I don't own any, but...
I seriously doubt the rims are 2.125" wide. I would guess between 1.5" and 1.75". If I can get over the my friend's house in the next couple of days, I measure his.

Thanks SSG. I really like the Worksman wheels because ofthe 11g spokes. I'll need the heavier spoke on this next build.

CMAN--I like the width of the width & look of the FELT rim. I've looked at the CHOIPPERSUS site already. they've got a 2.5 wide rim but I think that'll be too wide. 2" would be perfect with thick spokes.

I have worksman wheels on all my bikes because I'm a stocky 330lb dude. Worksman wheels have 11 gauge thick spokes as opposed to 14 gauge much thinner. I ride like a 15 year old, really hard. Worksman can stand a real beating. I bought a bike from my friend Fred ( Retro Cruiser Bicycles) That bike came stock with worksman wheels, love em'

A.Messina said:
I have worksman wheels on all my bikes because I'm a stocky 330lb dude. Worksman wheels have 11 gauge thick spokes as opposed to 14 gauge much thinner. I ride like a 15 year old, really hard. Worksman can stand a real beating. I bought a bike from my friend Fred ( Retro Cruiser Bicycles) That bike came stock with worksman wheels, love em'

I dont NEED the the heavier spokes for strength, but it wont hurt to have them. I just want them for the look.

Chips_Mahoy said:
A.Messina said:

I dont NEED the the heavier spokes for strength, but it wont hurt to have them. I just want them for the look.
It will make the bike heavier. If you don't need them, don't go there. Take a look at FELT. They do an 26" alloy wheel that is a beauty with 12 gauge spokes. You get the thicker spokes with a nicer look. Remember Worksman is an industrial bike company, esthetics come secondary to raw workability.

What's the weight difference? A lot?

A.Messina said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
A.Messina said:

It will make the bike heavier. If you don't need them, don't go there. Take a look at FELT. They do an 26" alloy wheel that is a beauty with 12 gauge spokes. You get the thicker spokes with a nicer look. Remember Worksman is an industrial bike company, esthetics come secondary to raw workability.

This is a worksman wheelset built tough.
2011-03-18121053.jpg

2011-04-01214549.jpg

Unfortunately I found out that the wheels aren't going to work out w/o a lot of work so I won't be able to use them. But thanks to you all for your help & Information!!

Chips_Mahoy said:
Unfortunately I found out that the wheels aren't going to work out w/o a lot of work so I won't be able to use them. But thanks to you all for your help & Information!!
Did you look into Felt? Much lighter & more stylish than worksman.

A.Messina said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
Did you look into Felt? Much lighter & more stylish than worksman.

Yes I did. They may work for a different build but not this one.

Back