Wow is this place growing !!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havent been on here that long and it is something i noticed too.

for me personal i have to say that its not only the bicycle thing that makes it fun to be here.
its also the way people communicate with eachother, maybe that is because of 'The rules", or not,
i just feel everybody respects another member.
new members with simple builds and in need of much advice,
are equaly treated as longtime members that have an awesome build history.

I love it here and plan to grow old with you guys and galls. :lol:

And indeed thankx Steve! and all who keep this site running.

I haven't been here for long at all either, and thats one thing I've noticed about this place. when I first posted I was welcomed warmly by the mods and veterans of the forum.

I'm a member of probably at least 10 other forums, and I like this one because people are so nice to each other. Its not one of those places where a newb posts and the next post is like, "Do a search for once and don't post until you know everything and can tell the next noob to do a search."

plus the bicycle theme of the forum is also connected to a lot of other fun things that we all seem to like such as cars and music and whatever else.

oh, and STEVE: You are the man.

ive always noticed the site gets a huge swell of newcomers anytime theres a build off but ive also noticed alot of them never actually post as well(but im not saying its everyone since i cant even keep up with all the newcomers that do actually post..........i recall a time when we were all counting down until we hit 1000 members :shock: )
yeah RatRod hit the nail on the head when he started this(remember when everyone was complaining about the background color change from black to the grey :lol: )...its got a great vibe and theres no other site like it :!:

i noticed this also. didnt realize there were so many like-minded people out there. maybe i AM normal! :mrgreen: and i think the rules are great, but im not sure if its rules or just the quality of the members that make the difference here. i also like the humor everyone has. its also cool that age means nothing here, im very impressed with the younger guys abilities. steve has done good.

Here is my Professor EGGHEAD theory :D Where I live I'm the only person who is into this kinda stuff and as we say "I'm bitten by the bug BAD". Now and then I see someone else riding some ratty pile around but they tend to come and go(sorta like I'm into this fad this week,next week I'm into somethin else). :? They are not really INTO IT for the long haul. Now when you are the only person in the area who is into it, then you don't realise that there are like minded individuals out there, and I think this site brings us all together. I find it a great joy (and really quite AMAZING)that it is a global thing :D

Member # 40, Sun Sep 17, 2006. I remember seeing a link on ChopperBicycles.net (RIP) and seeing some of the photos and thinking "I can't weld, I'm poor, maybe this site fits me a little better". And boy, has it. Met guys at a Peddler show and swap, introduced my little bro (Coach J) and a few others to the site ( and the sickness), and realized that while I am weird, I am not the only weirdo out there.
LOVE this site.

jeff

Kudo's to Steve for this place..I am on here "daily"..and have never felt more "at home" with people anywhere..look forward to meeting you guys at one point or another..you all feel like extended family to me and Bikeangel..and this is a place where I finally feel that there are people out there just like me who get soooo jazzed over finding that treasure..weird but, bikeangel's son turned 18 today, so I have been working with him to find a decent first car..we found this place waaaaay out of town, long story short..he spots this old sears womens cruiser hanging off the back of a barn...HE barters a deal with the owner for me to pick it up and deck it out for his mom..bikes make family memories..bridge gaps and create family oriented fun !! Thanks again Steve for making a place for us all..ever think of running for president ?????????? Got my vote.
Jack

I just joined today and I really do like the vibe coming from this forum. I immediately posted up an Intro and my own little bicycle restoration project and I've gotten nothing but warm hellos and great encouragement.

I can gladly say, I'm continuing my resoration with a spring in my step, and I'm already drawing up a full custom build for whenever I get time/money. :mrgreen:

old school 64 said:
Thanks again Steve for making a place for us all..ever think of running for president ?????????? Got my vote.
Jack

A Chicken in every pot and a bike in every garage!! :mrgreen:

Back