Yankee transplant in GA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, new to the forums. New to vintage bikes as well, actually. Just picked up this Rollfast today and have been trying to nail down a date on it, so I thought I'd check this board out!

Welcome Haikusurf!
Your picture needs to be hosted on photobucket or flikr or something similar, only members with an account at the site your picture is from will be able to see it the way it is. The site will be changing soon so that it does host pictures for us but in the meantime here is a helpful thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48

Nice bike by the way, I cant help on date though, sorry!

Luke.

Oh, gotcha! I will correct this and use photobucket. It was late when I posted this and I got lazy. Thank you for the heads-up!

Oh, and thanks for the compliment, Luke! Thanks, Junknutz! Yeah, I was pretty excited to find this. I have never been a bike guy specifically, but I really dig old and rusty. I don't even mind that this is a girls cruiser so much, I'd still rock it, ha!

I was thinking that I'd only clean her up a bit and just add some new pinstriping ... but now I that I'm looking at the bike in better light this morning, I can see that more of the original decoration is visible under the muck than I'd previously thought. Not sure what to do now. How much of a sin would it be to stripe over rusted out graphics? I'll have to post another photo in a bit so you can see what I'm talking about.

Any thoughts on clean chrome and rusted body? I'm not sure how I'd feel about that contrast ... Maybe I'll leave the chrome ratty, too ...

There are a few guys who have done threads on bringing back the original finish through the rust if you want the original paint to show up more. Whatever you do, that will be a beautiful bike when it is done!

Luke.

Welcome from Savannah and congrats on the cool find.
Whereabouts in GA are you located?

Good to have another RRBer locally.
You should post your Bike ID question over on this thread. It would probably also help if you posted a photo of the chainguard side of the bike along with any other details. Good luck.
:arrow: viewforum.php?f=62

Back