You in with what?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ingola

Canadian Collection Connoisseur
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Supercrusier frame and wood
Screenshot_20230415-222248.png

I've got a couple of new reproduction tanks debuting in a month or two that will be added to the TRM product line, so I'll be building a demo bike for each one.

Just need to decide which one to enter in the build-off. :bandit::39:

I've got a couple of new reproduction tanks debuting in a month or two that will be added to the TRM product line, so I'll be building a demo bike for each one.

Looking forward to seeing it. Trying to decide if I want to build one for each class this year or focus on one build so I actually finish on time.

Side question... Could I enter the anything goes class with a pre built frame? I plan to take it apart 100% down to the frame and start from there but the frame was welded together prior to the start date so want to be sure.
IMG_20230212_121136393.jpg

IMG_20230118_123917626_HDR.jpg

Add one in each class...;)

I am thinking about joining this year, absolutely love the buildoffs.

I have just found an old and very cool project 346 frame and ideas are rushing through my head.

Looking forward to seeing it. Trying to decide if I want to build one for each class this year or focus on one build so I actually finish on time.

Side question... Could I enter the anything goes class with a pre built frame? I plan to take it apart 100% down to the frame and start from there but the frame was welded together prior to the start date so want to be sure.
View attachment 228530
View attachment 228531
It'll be a completely different bike, So I would not see any problem.

View attachment 228530
View attachment 228531
As long as you break it all the way down it should be no issue

Looking forward to seeing it. Trying to decide if I want to build one for each class this year or focus on one build so I actually finish on time. Side question... Could I enter the anything goes class with a pre built frame? I plan to take it apart 100% down to the frame and start from there but the frame was welded together prior to the start date so want to be sure. View attachment 228530 View attachment 228531
That's the joy of class 2. ANYTHING goes. There's usually a few people that start with either a production frame or another pre started build and morph it into their own unique vision

I'm intensely debating which bike to build. I've got a 38 Shelby built Western Flyer and an Evans Colson Olympic that both need some attention this year.
IMG_20200505_201711956_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230416_100705676.jpg

The western flyer has a crack in the seat tube that needs to be addressed, and the fork and steer tube of the Colson are bent pretty badly. Neither are going to be ridable again without some tough love from the Mad House

once again, if I were to find a vintage 60s-70s race bike frame, I would use the build-off just as motivation to complete it, with no delusions of getting any votes. It's really the only kind of bicycle I would add to my decreasing collection.

once again, if I were to find a vintage 60s-70s race bike frame, I would use the build-off just as motivation to complete it, with no delusions of getting any votes. It's really the only kind of bicycle I would add to my decreasing collection.
Which maker / model / size would you be interested in Ian? In case I run across something.

Hi all! I am really excited about this year's build-off, and am glad that the end date of the build-off is in July instead of September. I have failed to finish my project for the last 2 years because I am too busy by August, but I always think that I still have time to finish it. Actually, the faster I finish a bike, the better chance I have of actually completing it. Unfortunately, my condition leaves me with a very short attention span. I am going to try the same build for a 3rd year in a row. It is the "Twice Round the Bend" build from last year using the Twinbar frame. Maybe I should call it "Third Times a Charm" this year??? I hope that everybody is okay with me starting over with this project. Life has been really rough lately, but I promise that I will finish it this year. Good luck to all, and I look forward to seeing everyone's ideas!

DSCN1906 (2).JPG

Latest posts

Back