You put a bike WHERE?!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So, where are you putting all your bikes? It's possible you have a nice big garage or shed, and though that's what I'm use to, I'm staying in a loaner house right now until we get into our place. This has me putting bikes everywhere in an attempt to keep them secure or to just keep the little house from looking like a junk yard. I also think of my friend in an apartment with NO outdoor storage. Scary thought.

Right now I have a bike and a scooter in the attic. 1 bike in the utility room. 3 bikes on the side porch and 2 scooters. 1 bike in the shrubs on the side of the house. 1 bike locked to the 4 wheeler shelter out back. 2 childrens tricycles and 1 bike in the yard by the house. A trailer out on the back of the lot with about 5-6 parts bikes. About 9 bikes in the church's lawn mower shed. Finally 2 bikes in my office here at church.

Upon moving they will all be properly in the shop.

So if you are tight on space, where are your bikes?

I've only got a 10' x 10' shed and I have 30+ bikes in it. But before I got the shed I used to keep them disassembled under the bed, closet, dresser drawers, Even buried one in the back yard.....lol. Looked really rat when I dug it up 3 years later..... :mrgreen:........... :idea: Where's my shovel? :idea:

old ones in the garage, mountain bikes in back yard cause they waterproof... and then theres the scrap heap in the side yard..... :roll:

my garage is bigger than my house (i told people i didn't care if it had a shotgun shack for a house in front of it, i wanted that garage). except for one i keep in my mudroom most times, they're all in there.

Hey yoothgeye, I'll probably be the only one to ask: Pics of the scooters?

3 car garage with 2 cars and a boat. Bunch out there, the Back Porch, along the house, on the RV Pad. One in the kitchen and one in the bath room. No the Wife hates all the bikes. When she leave for good she gets her Giant as a parting gift. I get to keep the other 100 or so.

It hasn't come up yet, but I have access to many climate controlled spaces at work. I could probably get away with storing 10 or more at various locations, all secure. I'm sure they would need to be complete...whole bikes, not a parts dump. I couldn't get away with it long-term, but if I were in a move or something, I think it would be tolerated fo a short period of time.

KOTA said:
Hey yoothgeye, I'll probably be the only one to ask: Pics of the scooters?

Nothing cool, my 3 year old and 7 year old have Razor scooters, the scooter in the attic is one of those big electric scooters with the pnuematic tires and disc brakes. I found it by a garbage can and brought it home, it's in great shape, even has the charger with it, but the batteries are gone. First thing I did was rob the big ole seat off of it and the bar grips and cut up the seat post for shims.

home office: 3 road bikes (Trek OCLV, Kestrel Evoke, Bridgestone RB-1)

dining room: 1976 Huffy Stars n' Stripes muscle bike

basement: 1942 BFGoodrich, Louver Bike

far garage: 1941 Schwinn DX

near garage: all the rest: two mtn bikes, two touring bikes, a Univega ss under construction, ....

wow! I'm down to 12 bikes!! and two of them are for sale, maybe 3. yes!

I got one in a spare BR ('68 Midget) collecting dust, one on top of a long defunct fishtank stand ('69 Sting-ray) in between my LR and DR, 2 Huffy Good Vibrations in my hallway entrance sitting across the Higgy, and pieces of the B-2 sitting in my computer room, waiting to be re-animated when the frame comes back from p-coaiting.

I have a 12X16 shed that has zero room to house these, so my great ambition is to double the footprint of the shed to 12X32 and house some of these.

I can barely get 3 loads of wash done each week. The shed project may be wishful thinking...

Spin

Back