UNLIMITED 2-2-1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This will be my unlimited class entry this year. I have 2 huffy Nel Lusso that was given to me one I've had for a while and the other I just got a couple months ago. First is this one been sitting in the shed couple years.
IMG_20240501_175537551.jpg

The next one is this black one that someone motorized. Couple guys at work seen it in a dumpster on the job site and brought it back to the shop to give it to me because they know that I work on bikes.
The plan is to cut n paste up something different I've got a idea what I want to do we'll see if it works out that way lol.
IMG_20240501_180150097_HDR.jpg

No plans to use the engine on here if I ever do I would like to see if I could make it work on Papa's taxi grandkids are getting to big to want to give them a ride too far.🥵

Your 'Middle Aged' build last year was an all-time fav of mine. Cross breeding bikes, seems to be right up your alley!

RaT oN~!

Got both of the Lusso broke down and noticed several differences. The top and bottom tube are a little bigger on the perfect fit frame and the seat tube has a lay back to it. And just a general overall different shape to it.
IMG_20240501_201631860_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240501_201916344_HDR.jpg

I noticed on the seat stay that the chain from the engine was rubbing and put a pretty good gash in it. Not a problem as I will be cutting it off and the rear section off the bike and doing a little manipulating of the tubes.
IMG_20240501_201834446.jpg

Creative. Looks like a fun build. I'm sure that it will receive quite a bit of scrutiny from @Captain Awesome as I believe that is him in the 2nd pic peeking in the window with his super secrete stealing binoculars.....😂

Or it could just be Captain Kirk phasing in and out of the Tholian Web episode of Star Trek..........heck, I don't know......now where did I put my coffee?..........:39:

Creative. Looks like a fun build. I'm sure that it will receive quite a bit of scrutiny from @Captain Awesome as I believe that is him in the 2nd pic peeking in the window with his super secrete stealing binoculars.....😂

Or it could just be Captain Kirk phasing in and out of the Tholian Web episode of Star Trek..........heck, I don't know......now where did I put my coffee?..........:39:
IMG_3149.jpeg

Hmmmmmm, shifty looking for sure

My reflection in the window lol

As much as we may scoff current wally world bikes, I've always felt these huffy frames with the built in rack are cool build fodder.

I got the back cut off both the bikes and started to fit one side.
IMG_20240502_181424015.jpg
IMG_20240502_182437673.jpg

Had to work Saturday so nothing done then but got some more work done yesterday. I matched the new drop out for the other side found something to use for some inner sleeves for the chain stays. The seat stays slid right into the seat stay on the black frame after taking the paint off.
Got the stays tacked and made sure everything was lined up.
IMG_20240505_130637737_HDR.jpg

Then I got to thinking about what to use for a seat. Got to looking at the rack I cut off and thought why not except for it being too wide. So I cut the braces used my vice grip clamp to pinch it together I think it should be good enough.
IMG_20240505_164038550.jpg

Set it on the frame and I think it will work out just need to make a wood base for the cushion and what ever I use for a cover.
IMG_20240505_164115190_HDR.jpg

Might be able to get the seat fitted today but I need to put the fork and front tire on to see how it feels and know where I want it to be.

I got the back cut off both the bikes and started to fit one side.View attachment 264545View attachment 264546
Had to work Saturday so nothing done then but got some more work done yesterday. I matched the new drop out for the other side found something to use for some inner sleeves for the chain stays. The seat stays slid right into the seat stay on the black frame after taking the paint off.
Got the stays tacked and made sure everything was lined up.View attachment 264548
Then I got to thinking about what to use for a seat. Got to looking at the rack I cut off and thought why not except for it being too wide. So I cut the braces used my vice grip clamp to pinch it together I think it should be good enough. View attachment 264550
Set it on the frame and I think it will work out just need to make a wood base for the cushion and what ever I use for a cover.View attachment 264549
Might be able to get the seat fitted today but I need to put the fork and front tire on to see how it feels and know where I want it to be.
I used the rack from one of these for my chopper. Makes a good base for engine mount.
Seat absolutely makes sense.

Put the fork and wheel on the front after work today and messed around with the seat for a little while. Got it cut down close to where it will sit just need to do a little fitment around the tubes. Afterwards I wanted to check out couple different chain guards I had. The one that came on it , one I think maybe came off a Cranbrook and what I think is a Schwinn. I think the Schwinn one fits the best so I'll probably go with that.
IMG_20240506_190938502.jpg
IMG_20240506_191153320.jpg
IMG_20240506_191351089.jpg

Put the fork and wheel on the front after work today and messed around with the seat for a little while. Got it cut down close to where it will sit just need to do a little fitment around the tubes. Afterwards I wanted to check out couple different chain guards I had. The one that came on it , one I think maybe came off a Cranbrook and what I think is a Schwinn. I think the Schwinn one fits the best so I'll probably go with that.View attachment 264630View attachment 264631View attachment 264632
Love how the rack comes over the wheel could do some really cool seat ideas

Back