Monark Sportster 20 Inch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I just won this bike on ebay and was wondering if they made a tank for this size frame. I plan on making this into a Kustom bike. Any help with the tank would be great. Thanks....Jaxon

monark003.jpg

monark004.jpg

Nice bike! I have one of the type... not sure of the brand or year. I've been looking around a lot trying to figure that out.
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=65490

I can say that I haven't seen a tank for one other than Schwinn DX for that era. And those go for insane money. Here's a tank that was recently up for auction, and at $2.275 it still didn't meet the reserve. :roll: HERE

I'm not saying they're not out there, I'm saying I haven't seen one. What I did for mine was just weld a sheet into the space to give it a filled look.

15251_4522278571474_977634942_n.jpg

What are you planning on doing with this one?

I am going to put a monark springer fork on it. I have to cut it down so it fits a 20 inch wheel and keeps the bike level. Then for wheels I am using new worksman heavy duty clincher's with drum brakes front & rear. No fenders will be used. Even though I hate to it will get repainted. Different handlebars and seat. Probably a few different types of handlebars and seats to see what looks best. Tires will be the fattest that fit. I found some cool tires on ebay that are 20 x 2.2

Back