TRADITIONAL 🅵🅾🅾🅻🅸🅶🅰🅽 - 1930s Elgin Oriole

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tank and Evanaction fork really compliment each other

20240519_135103.jpg

Yes, the continuity of the pairing (pun intended) is perfection. I really like this setup, or the beehive and pipe bars only. I think you may need a different set of bars for this configuration.
*edit* maybe the pipe bars upright?

Upright bars mocked up as well. I really like how the bugeye tank and the Evanaction really compliment each others styling.

That tank and fork is a nice match in my opinion. You have great parts to choose from!

Thanks. I agree about the bugeye/evanaction combo. It's fun being able to blend these different things together and see what works.

Your welcome Kingfish!
No rush, take your time. It does not take long to draw one.

Regarding the current mockups: Love the Beehive and Evan forks! I am personally not sold on the bars, even though I can deeply appreciate the design and looks.

:thumbsup:

I'm not locked into the bars, but I do really like them alot.

I like the looks of the nanner, but haven't locked in on it yet.

The shapes are working well together. Colors and finishes can be tweaked.

I agree. At this stage of mockups you have to be colorblind as you play around with parts and pieces.

Think the nanner would be better tilted forward a bit. Not level but maybe tilted back a bit less?

It was the best I could do with one piece of black duct tape. :bigsmile::grin::21::giggle:

1716166600099.png

I'm really digging the bug eye tank and the Evans fork! And I really like the homemade 'pipe dream' rusty bars. Just not positive I like the bars with the cool tank / fork combo?
A kind of forward and back sweep bar might fit the look. Sort of 'mustache-y'. I'm just brainstorming here.

The tank and fork are definitely mint!

mint.jpg

I'm really digging the bug eye tank and the Evans fork! And I really like the homemade 'pipe dream' rusty bars. Just not positive I like the bars with the cool tank / fork combo?
A kind of forward and back sweep bar might fit the look. Sort of 'mustache-y'. I'm just brainstorming here.

The tank and fork are definitely mint!

View attachment 266462

I could see some mustache bars working, but I'm not sure if that is where I want this. We'll see once I get more of it dialed in. Thanks for bouncing the idea around though.

I'm copying these pics from @CRASH 's thread for reference for my dropouts later. One thing I noticed yesterday was that my wheel was a bit "cattywhompus" as I was doing my mockups. I want to make these allignment tools to make sure that my extended dropouts get alligned properly.

1716232200273.png

1716232228042.png

Back