... From My Front Door

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Urban Canadian Canoes, Part 3
IMG_20240419_120441540.jpg

Cumberland and First Street.
It's propped up on the riding mower with a "for sale" sign. Not sure if it's a package deal

we have a little airport a half mile from our house. Wife wants to fly. When she's done with her doctorate studies I'm going to get her a sample lesson.

A couple of years ago, I came up with a plan for a ride. I wanted to do a complete lap around the perimeter of my city, 32 kms on paved paths and roadways. As I don't have a road bike, I started a build to one. This has become a never-ending quagmire, like most of my builds, so yesterday I decided to attack the challenge on Duck Norris.
North on Powerdam Drive to Cornwall Centre Road.
IMG_20240531_104246186.jpg

East down Cornwall Centre/South Branch Road past the golf course
IMG_20240531_110357814.jpg
and through rolling farmlands
IMG_20240531_110911388.jpg
to Boundary Road
IMG_20240531_111608338.jpg

Heading south on Boundary, it's more big farms,
IMG_20240531_112221882.jpg
and then the ugly, dangerous industrial area. I didn't stop for pictures there, I see it enough. Next is Montreal Road/Highway 2, southeast corner
IMG_20240531_114138164.jpg

and then back on my favorite part, the bike path west, the home stretch.
IMG_20240531_123430511.jpg

Close enough to 2nd Street and Powerdam, the southwest corner
Great job, Duck. Who needs gears?

Ingola will recognize my reward
IMG_20240531_175352614.jpg

A Cornwall legend, been feeding our city for decades. Time for a Danny Burger Platter, then mini putt with ThundrrrFam at another classic, Archie's Golf Club. Followed by ice cream of course, but I was too busy for cameras. Pretty good day, I'd say

Ingola will recognize my reward View attachment 267900
A Cornwall legend, been feeding our city for decades. Time for a Danny Burger Platter, then mini putt with ThundrrrFam at another classic, Archie's Golf Club. Followed by ice cream of course, but I was too busy for cameras. Pretty good day, I'd say
That's a great burger don't tell Rick I still go there.

A couple of years ago, I came up with a plan for a ride. I wanted to do a complete lap around the perimeter of my city, 32 kms on paved paths and roadways. As I don't have a road bike, I started a build to one. This has become a never-ending quagmire, like most of my builds, so yesterday I decided to attack the challenge on Duck Norris.
North on Powerdam Drive to Cornwall Centre Road.View attachment 267892
View attachment 267893and through rolling farmlands
View attachment 267894to Boundary RoadView attachment 267895
Heading south on Boundary, it's more big farms, View attachment 267896and then the ugly, dangerous industrial area. I didn't stop for pictures there, I see it enough. Next is Montreal Road/Highway 2, southeast cornerView attachment 267898
and then back on my favorite part, the bike path west, the home stretch.View attachment 267897
Cool ride Matti. Looks like you finally got the Duck sorted out to your liking. When I first started riding again 3 years ago I was skeptical of how much I could do on a single speed. Now that my legs are so much stronger, I like them the most for a blast around town and don’t the miss the speed or versatility of a bike with gears.

Last edited:
North on Powerdam Drive to Cornwall Centre Road.View attachment 267892
View attachment 267893and through rolling farmlands
View attachment 267894to Boundary RoadView attachment 267895
Heading south on Boundary, it's more big farms, View attachment 267896and then the ugly, dangerous industrial area. I didn't stop for pictures there, I see it enough. Next is Montreal Road/Highway 2, southeast cornerView attachment 267898
and then back on my favorite part, the bike path west, the home stretch.View attachment 267897
You'll have to do it again I take pure class or the Norco out

Latest posts

Back