Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update to Big Red.
Added the 22 tooth rear cog and a yellow vintage-style padded diamond seat. I need a couple of links added to the chain, so instead tightening everything down, I bought a yellow chain. It should be in next week.

IMG_20130412_153807_zps063f349a.jpg

All that's left is a stem and handlebar pad set and a lighter crankset and the Big Red FMX will be complete!

Cheers,
Dr. T

I can't wait for the video of Tank doing a bunny hop with it!

:?: finally got to see a beast in person, and the green one is really nice. The color is much deeper than what it looks like on the walmart site, even in my pics. I think it looks much better with the darker green, but the decals half to go. There was also similar damage to the downtube, like on steve's beast. And a few nicks on the forks
2013-04-12163400.jpg

These tires are huge!
2013-04-12163654.jpg

And a shot of yours truly, sitting on the beast
2013-04-12165049.jpg

I'm getting mine this friday hopefully, this particular one had to stay at walmart. And I can hop this thing somewhat easily; I got yelled at by my mother for doing it, but it's possible. just for kicks sometime I'll half to convert the back wheel to a freecoaster and try some cool stuff on it at the bike park 8)

Ccd

Got the yellow chain today from eBay, two days from Denver to Atlanta, SWEET!
http://stores.ebay.com/luxlowbikes

Had to remove one link and on it went. The 36/22 setup is super easy to pedal, this is a cruiser, not a racer, so it works out nicely for me. I've taken the front end apart and greased everything up. I've got a crank puller, but ordered a BB remover tool so I can service it 'properly' :roll: The hub howled under downhill braking, so I"m gonna get it serviced, that's beyond my current skill set. :oops:

Here's some updated pics, BTW my daughter saw it was a Mongoose and has named it 'Rikki Tikki Tavi'.

Cheers,
Dr.T

Glad to see that some are showing up in stores.
From my rides yesterday and today, I know about 10 people that say they are going to order one.

Love the look and the name Tank!

Here is a pic of Fat Fink II from today's ride.
DSCN1669.jpg

Let me know if you guys plan a ride in Savannah, if I'm off that day, I'll probably be able to make it.

Wildcat,
Will do. My current plan is be there over the 4th of July holiday.

Houndog,
Thanks, I dig yours too. My original thought was to strip the paint off of mine too. Seeing yours, I still may............someday. :)

Cheers,
Dr. T

Tank and Wildcat, that would be a fun ride!

Houndog do you have a pic of your paint in the sun?

I said I was finished, what a joke..

IMAG0227_zps59b79224.jpg

Lets drop in a YST cup & bearing set & a Tioga Avenger 1 1/8th threaded headset and see what happens.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Got the yellow chain today from eBay, two days from Denver to Atlanta, SWEET!
http://stores.ebay.com/luxlowbikes

Had to remove one link and on it went. The 36/22 setup is super easy to pedal, this is a cruiser, not a racer, so it works out nicely for me. I've taken the front end apart and greased everything up. I've got a crank puller, but ordered a BB remover tool so I can service it 'properly' :roll: The hub howled under downhill braking, so I"m gonna get it serviced, that's beyond my current skill set. :oops:

Here's some updated pics, BTW my daughter saw it was a Mongoose and has named it 'Rikki Tikki Tavi'.

Cheers,
Dr.T
That red one looks great

Latest posts

Back