Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A current local Toronto Kijiji Ad....for
'Old Bicycle'......

$25!!!!! A 1912 Bianchi folding paratroop bike...Oh,sure , I'll shoot a quick email....:39:
$_35.JPG

So, I email the guy and tell him I'd buy his bike if it's anywhere near remotely similar to the pic posted.:)
(I found the same web pic when trying to I.D. the bike in the ad after my quick reply)

Of course he answers it's not 'exactly' like the picture(as expected, but I had to ask)...and he's not able to email any pics of actual bike. :confused:o_O
Then he shoots me a model name that would peg his bike as a 15 year old department store mountain bike and volunteers directions 20 miles away.:banghead:
I thanked him for his time and moved on.;)
He emails again asking if I became 'invisible' after his last reply and 'if
I'm a 'serious buyer' or 'not'?':13::13::13: :aggressive:
I politely replied that I won't be travelling 20 miles to buy a (junk) bike that I can't(nor want to) see and I kept the sarcastic and retorical "Are you a 'serious seller'???" barb to myself.:angelic:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-bike/city-of-toronto/bicycle/1032141835?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Last edited:
$1000 does seem high, but I wonder what that bike would actually bring. It does look extremely clean for an original one, and I've never seen a manual for one of those things. It's got the tank and the springer too.

I wonder how many years away we are from bikes like that actually bringing a grand or more.

Latest posts

Back