Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. chemmaan

Doub11e Up

At the end of last summer one of my neighbors gave me this Giant/DUB collaboration bike that he had hanging in his garage for a while. I threw some parts at it to get functional and rode it around the neighborhood for a couple of weeks before the snow started to fly. I like the low beefy...
  2. chemmaan

Secret Trike

Okay, so needing to have a full size landscape format picture cut out some of my options as to which bike I was going to submit. Having said that, I still think that this picture has plenty of appeal for the calendar. Using a couple of OCC choppers, a limo frame, a Joannou trike axle, and some...
  3. chemmaan

Frisco Flip (formerly Trike Trimmings)

This is a build I've been looking forward to for a while. It spawned from the parts I had leftover from my nephew's trike build. The lugged frame was crying out for two-toned paint; the flip was just icing on the cake. The square tire profile and narrowed mountain bike bars fleshed out the...
  4. chemmaan

Frisco Flip (formerly Trike Trimmings)

Okay, so now that I've finished spamming the gallery with a bunch of my builds in an attempt to build a "resume", I am going join this year's build off. I have a Joannou trike frame and some nice anodized 26" rims left over from my Secret Trike build. I love the lugs on this frame and think it...
  5. chemmaan

Secret Trike

My nephew has commandeered our neighbor’s utility tricycle for the past couple of summers. Even though he was too small for it that didn’t stop him from riding it all over the neighborhood. Our neighbor’s mom wanted the trike back so it wasn’t going to be in the area anymore. The search was...
  6. chemmaan

Island Hopper

While working on my fat tire boardtracker Old No. 3, one of my cousins jokingly asked when I was going to make her one. I still had the leftover running gear from the boardtracker’s Huffy frame. I figured “Pshaw, I’ve got this!” I found a nice old girls frame on Craigslist that just needed a...
  7. chemmaan

Old No. 3

A friend of mine was doing some spring cleaning and asked if I wanted any of the bikes from his garage. Well…. Um… Yeah. I had been looking to do a go-somewhere-bike build. I have my chopper, but it wasn’t going to be ergonomic enough for longer rides or rides with hills. So I picked up a...
  8. chemmaan

WCC Meets Military Surplus

This bike is a byproduct of our semi-annual pilgrimage to the swap meet at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ. A couple of friends and I would take a “mental health day” from work on the Friday of each swap meet and cruise around looking for projects. Ill-advised, peer-pressure-driven, and...
  9. chemmaan

Time to "Delurker"

Even before signing up for the board, I was mooching ideas and designs so I figured it was about time to break with my lurker tendencies and start participating. My name is Jeff. I'm kind of a dual-resident between western Mass & central Jersey. A friend and I started building bikes to ride...
Back