Artifac

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't be afraid to try anything on your build, but you also can't be afraid to pull it off the build.
There are probably at least 10+ ideas that I have tried on my build that aren't making the final cut.
KF,
Good advice and so true.

Mockup of tank using roof straps and copper rivets & caps. Will paint to match frame and hide the attaching bolts.

ArtifacTank1_zpsbcba95e6.jpg

ArtifacTank2_zps18909d3f.jpg

I like the tank. Just a suggestion, but maybe do the tank in a little lighter shade than the frame. It seems like a great place for a little contrast.

I was also thinking about that... maybe a green like the tires also?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I was also thinking about that... maybe a green like the tires also?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
BW,
I was thinking a variation of the pea green on the tires. Also, considering a lighter shade of the frame. Will do paint test of both colors.

Appreciate the suggestion.

This is my favorite part of building anything. Trying to find the perfect contrast of colors and doo-hickies. I really like this bike.

The finish applied to the straps and changed the tank incoporating some copper bling. Not impressive off the bike the tank parts are only 1 1/8" by 23". Hope to have the tank complete and installed on the bike Saturday.

ArtifacTank3_zps80101573.jpg

I like the copper bar, but I like the copper dots too. It's a toss up.
Looks sharp!

Reworked the light bracket and continue to install the front rod brake linkage.
Finish work remains on the handlebars & grips. Hoping in a couple of weeks I will be to complete this baby.

ArtifacNine_zps01f93cf1.jpg

Last edited:
Are the rod brake levers going to be that far away from the grips or are you going to bend them so they line up with the grips?

Latest posts

Back