Artifac

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the Rims & Final Coat on Frame
ArtifacRim2_zpsefd3fec1.jpg

ArtifacHT2_zps4d244664.jpg

Painted my tires pea green (inspired by painted tires marking beach driveways) 2nd coat should do it; and finished the front fork. Can't wait to attach the front & rear struts.

ArtifacTire1_zpsad7b71fe.jpg~c200

ArtifacFrnt5_zps893b242f.jpg~c200

Yay more tire paint. Im not alone in my insanity!

The green tires along with the frame color will really pop. I actually just nabbed a set of green tires for rrbbox and started designing around those and I really dig that frame color to go with!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yay more tire paint. Im not alone in my insanity!

The green tires along with the frame color will really pop. I actually just nabbed a set of green tires for rrbbox and started designing around those and I really dig that frame color to go with!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

BW,

I couldn't find 28" tires that look right; hence the green. BTW: Your tires & fenders look great.

Struts attached. Found this old tire iron which will now be the side kickstand.
Decided to cover the seat pan with stacked & sewn burlap.

ArtifacFrntl2_zps009a3e60.jpg

ArtifacKick_zpsf59f91d0.jpg

Love the painted tires. How well do you think it will hold up on the sidewalls? Of course it will wear on the tread, but that will probably just look like a dirty tire.
Fork struts are looking good too. Looking forward to more assemblage.

Love the painted tires. How well do you think it will hold up on the sidewalls? Of course it will wear on the tread, but that will probably just look like a dirty tire.
Fork struts are looking good too. Looking forward to more assemblage.[/quot

KF,
I used an elastomeric paint, which has taken on a rubberized consistency. I think the tread will show thru quickly and sidewalls should hold up well.

I appreciate the comments.

Spent a good amount of time trying to get a 15/16 lug nut for my tire wrench kickstand. Finally found one at my neighbor's place. So here is the final mockup of the new kickstand. Also fabbed a new headlamp bracket.

Next up is a tail lite mounted under the seat.

ArtifacKickStnd2_zpsce95f03d.jpg~c200

ArtifacFrntl4_zps17d46e7f.jpg

Not much accomplished today; burlap seat a total bust. So I made a under the seat rear reflector from a tea light, headset peice & coffemaker button.

ArtifacRearRlftr2_zpsd72a2724.jpg

ArtifacRearRfltr1_zpsc4dec173.jpg

Fresh start on seat pan: Will be using Emu Vinyl with closed cell 1/2 foam. Plan to stack the vinyl & foam like a "sammich; attach with 3M Auto Spray Adhesive. Will use a copper edging to cover the edges.
ArtifacEmu_zps6bd6922d.jpg

Back