Careful of the 'OUTLAW!' (RIDING AT LAST!)

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
I don't like it, I LOVE IT. :inlove:

I really do think it looks better the way you have it now compared to the front spring and jackshaft version. It was too busy. This is much cleaner and leaner.

:praise:
Agreed!

Family wedding tomorrow, then spending time with other family for a couple of days, then I will back on the build!

May 6, 2016
The more I study the details, the more I love it!
Front wheel built on a motorcycle wheel I assume?
What's the diameter??

Reactions: LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
I could see taking a trip to Australia, just to take a spin on this bad boy...;)
Where did you get those skyhooks for the seat and bars??? :)
Thanks!
The more I study the details, the more I love it!
Front wheel built on a motorcycle wheel I assume?
What's the diameter??
Correct, that is a 21" wheel and tire off a Harley Davidson.

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
Health has knocked me around a bit, had the Flu, which compounded my other health issues...

Did this video a few days ago, only now getting around to putting it in the thread:

Was pretty sure that would be the end for the moment, but did some more night time work today: (well, yesterday now!)

New fatter and stiffer tube welded in and some added flat braces to transfer loading further around the curves:

2017-03-28 00.01.35.jpg

2017-03-28 00.02.01.jpg

That moved the wheel backwards slightly due to the larger diameter tube, so I had to extend the chain, but one link is too much, so until I get an adjuster mounted in place behind the crank, it will run a floating chainring:

2017-03-28 00.03.40.jpg

Still not sure if it will make the finish line... 5 days to go! :confused:

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
Get well mate this is just a wicked bike . You have done an awesome job I just love the style of this bike
Thanks G-Matt!
well done! :113:
glad your feeling better :whew::)

if you put lock tight in the pedals , you could run the drive train on the leftside no? :39:
Yes, that would work, could easily weld a chainring to the other crank too, but problem solved now anyway! :thumbsup:
How much to ship to NJ 08755 ? Gawd i'm lovin this
Way, way too much! Glad you are liking it!

:rockout:

Reactions: c1run1
Mar 5, 2014
Utah
Luke, that floating & spinning chain-wheel stuck in there as a functional chain tensioner is the coolest thing I have ever seen. LEAVE IT THERE and to heck with the usual boring kind. Spinning and floating down the road held only by tension...... :cool2:

Reactions: LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
Lurk whats the status? This is by far my fav bike in this

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
I'm trying, looks like it will be getting a temporary seat and bars, run out of time for my double spring leather covered spoon seat!
Luke, that floating & spinning chain-wheel stuck in there as a functional chain tensioner is the coolest thing I have ever seen. LEAVE IT THERE and to heck with the usual boring kind. Spinning and floating down the road held only by tension...... :cool2:
:thumbsup: :21:

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
Reactions: Falstaff