Edgy Elgin Rat

Nov 22, 2011
KS
I wonder what it would take to copy that rain texture for a final finish on a bike? (or guitar)
Oh hey cool bike brother! That original paint was rough!

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...
There's a reasonably simple way to get a water drops look with rattle can, I'll look for the YouTube video I saw.
Here is a link to one process I had looked at:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 22, 2011
KS
Ok so I hate to hijack your build but...
That paint effect could be used with rusts and red primers to great faux patina effect. Doesn't look like water drops but it was cool.

Carl.
No problem. I have a couple of old frames I might experiment on.

Reactions: GuitarlCarl
Nov 22, 2011
KS
Fine mist and fog here today. I hung the reflectors on the 1/4 - 28NF banjo rear wheel adjusters today. The had a lot of unused length, looked like they need something. I planned to use the one of the spacers but they were too long so I substituted washers. The lock washers were added to the kickstand mount.

I used a locking nut to keep the hangers from moving towards the spokes. That could be bad. I'm calling this show ready but not complete. I have few more detail ideas to follow.

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
At first your pics didn't load, and all I saw was,
"I took three bikes to the Starbird/Devlin car show."

Sounded like you were starting a joke....
"Three custom rat rod bikes rolled into a car show...." :21:

There's a car and bike show down here in Phoenix last Sunday of Feb that I want to go to. See if I can drag a couple of my car fan buddies with me. Are there other bikes there as well? Do they have show categories and prizes, etc?

Nov 22, 2011
KS
At first your pics didn't load, and all I saw was,
"I took three bikes to the Starbird/Devlin car show."

Sounded like you were starting a joke....
"Three custom rat rod bikes rolled into a car show...." :21:

There's a car and bike show down here in Phoenix last Sunday of Feb that I want to go to. See if I can drag a couple of my car fan buddies with me. Are there other bikes there as well? Do they have show categories and prizes, etc?
So you're a snow bird?
Quite a few bikes this year. Believe I counted 55. After the show I'll post some photos in the show posting in events forum.

Classes: original, ladies, custom, rat rod, boys junior, girls junior, Schwinn, chopper, tandem, low rider, muscle, skip tooth, best display, best patina, best paint, best of show. Awards are given to class winners.
Tom Sawyer Bicycle Shop is the LBS bike show sponsor.
It's a good show...with some adult size tricycles this year, which look like kids trikes on steroids. Neat stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: OddJob
Apr 18, 2015
central ohio
So you're a snow bird?
Quite a few bikes this year. Believe I counted 55. After the show I'll post some photos in the show posting in events forum.

Classes: original, ladies, custom, rat rod, boys junior, girls junior, Schwinn, chopper, tandem, low rider, muscle, skip tooth, best display, best patina, best paint, best of show. Awards are given to class winners.
Tom Sawyer Bicycle Shop is the LBS bike show sponsor.
It's a good show...with some adult size tricycles this year, which look like kids trikes on steroids. Neat stuff.

Always like a good trike.