Got a Muscle bike for putting another bike together.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was given this Road Runner Muscle Bike with Ram horn handle bars and 4 foot sissy bar, Hanging from his shop ceiling, said he would give it to me if I could sand blast his old girls bike he wants to restore for a family member and once he's done painting it he wants me to put it back together with all it's new parts, I get to keep all the cool vintage parts :wink: . Not sure what brand the muscle bike is, front badge was covered with a decal, hope to get the bike down soon.

Got the other bike sand blasted today, now wait for the paint and start putting the old girls bike back together, will take pictures and look again to see what model it is.

That bike was manufactured by Huffy...

The chainguard and sprocket give it away. Neat bike for sandblasting and painting!

The rams horn bars were manufactured by Wald and were added on to the bike later, the sissy bar is a Persons Majestic 48" bar I believe, and may have been on the bike originally. Cool bike, good luck with it.

agree with eagleeye on all counts.

looks like a Huffy " Cheater Slick Modified ", but possibly rebadged for a dept store, and the different name on the guard, I'm betting you find a non Huiffy brand badge under the sticker.

Looks nice.

Cool, thanks for the info guys, I can't wait to take it down and start rebuilding it, I do plan a repaint in some 70's funky metallic.

Looks like a 1968! Would be cool to find what store it was sold through to see if those bars are original or not. Since it is named Road Runner it make me think they were trying to Muscle it up! :D

Here is the Huffy ad for the bike!

Slick!!! Well the guy just happen to drop it by tonight, I started to peel the decal which is a reflective Stop sign, kinda cool but I figured I'd wait till tomorrow and carefully take my time removing it.

Stonie68 said:
Slick!!! Well the guy just happen to drop it by tonight, I started to peel the decal which is a reflective Stop sign, kinda cool but I figured I'd wait till tomorrow and carefully take my time removing it.

Only seen a few of these in chrome like this. Will the chrome clean up? :D

That is the first picture of a Road Runner I have seen since I found RRB. I got one for Christmas in 68 or 69.I was 10 or 11. First new bike I ever had. Rams horns were original. Don't know what ever happened to it. Found a partial bike hanging in a local shop and have been trying to contact the owner. Was a cool bike. Thanks for the picture and the memories.

The bike appears to all be original with the exception of the front fender, which is missing. I had the tall sissy bar, but changed it for a short bar. I liked the look better and found it easier to get on and off.

Started removing the Stop decal, Found Coast to Coast and Coast King after cleaning some dust off the seat post bar.

Now after it stops raining outside, I'll try to give it a good bath and see what kind of shape it's in.

Awesome, Coast to Coast sold a lot of Huffy made bikes. :D

I so want to take the sissy bar and ram horn handle bars off and put on the Cyclone III Muscle Bike I just got a week ago and paint it a heavy metallic golden yellow. I guess I could always rotate parts from one bike to the other.

Keep that as is!! :shock: That's a true survivor and is in great shape :wink:

Great find! 8)

Here's a picture of my very similar bike. Got it in Altus in 1968 for christmas. It came with the rams horn bars. I always thought it was a Huffy, but I guess I'll have to peel off that "Stop" sticker and see what it really is.

4223_1149563981742_1306863214_442068_8298089_n.jpg

My bike also had a Stop Sticker over the front badge :shock: Both bike in Oklahoma that's strange, I see the only difference is your chain guard. Take a picture of the Stop sign decal before you remove, like to see if it was just the way I found mine.

Latest posts

Back