**RRB 2012 AUCTION BIKE-**UNITY**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
whats up guys? I stepped up to be the builder for the 2012 auction bike to support the forum! lucky for me i have majority of the parts to make this build happen im going to donate and make it fun for myself and cut some time off the build since i dont have to ask for many donations!! let me tell you what i do know!
Going to be using a Westfield frame crank chain ring and drop center wheels! im going to try to keep this all prewar!!!! ill post some photos of what i have to start with...im still in the mental building stage! ive got three diffrent ideas in my head! pre war board track style bike is what i do know! lets see where this takes us!

donations needed-

sand blasting!!!!! (just a wheel set)
1.pre war stem-donated-thanks (ifitsfreeitsforme)
2.pre war rear fender and bolt on drop stand and clip!
3.i have a rear for that frame i may try to straighten-still in mental build process!
4.also need bars good for inverting for board track/rusty is great not to pitted tho!-donated- thanks (Dr. Tankenstein)
5.pointed pre war white grips! dirt used would be great/new will work too-donated- thanks (buckfiddy)
6.white block pedals! dirty is cool also! boys pedals please! donated-thanks (dogdart)
7.Pick will donate the truss rod fork as long as the steer tube is the right length! thanks (pick)
8.last thing i can think of is i need someone who dose custom badges to work with me on this one and donate it please!-donated-thanks (axsepul)

IM GOING TO HAVE MY PIN STRIP/LETTERING GUY DO THIS BIKE FOR US! HES REAL GOOD AND NOT CHEEP! ANY MONEY DONATION EVEN IF ITS 5 BUCKS WILL HELP! IM GOING TO ESTIMATE THE STRIPE AND LETTERING AT $200 TO $300 GOING TO BE A GOOD BIT OF IT! I WILL COME OUT OF POCKET FOR ALL OF IT THAT I NEED TO ANY TYPE OF HELP CAN BE PAYPAL TO ME....PM ME FOR THAT INFO!

donated so far for pinstripe-thank you (kingfish)(NewOrleansFlyer)(cman)

Im donating-frame,wheels,pre war seat,fenders if i use them,seat post,tires tubes,spokes,skiptooth chain and a lot of labor!

IM READY TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN AND MAKE EVERYONE PROUD!

Going to set the reveal and end date for the build JANUARY 1st

here is the frame! and today it starts!Z
a7-1.jpg

Re: 2012 RRB AUCTION BIKE!!! Support you local rat rodder!

I'm looking forward to following this build. I may not have anything to donate, maybe handlebars, but I'll be squirreling money away for the auction.

Do you know the year or serial number to that frame?

Wildcat said:
I'm looking forward to following this build. I may not have anything to donate, maybe handlebars, but I'll be squirreling money away for the auction.

Do you know the year or serial number to that frame?

yes please save money for the auction! the ideas i have in my head im jealous of! ill be bidding to keep this bike lol!

Can't wait to see this come together.

You are an artist, how about you sketch your vision of the finished project to keep as a header and get people excited. We won't complain as it changes along the way, but that's something that the other bikes had was pre-existing artwork.

That frame is a great start. I am subscribed to the thread and looking forward to seeing the progress. Let me know if you need any help.

You should also be aware that there is a very good possibility that this bike will vanish into Rat Rod Bikes legend after the auction. No one has seen any signs of the first two bikes since they were shipped.

Like I said in the other thread, I have this stem I'll donate to the cause:

8uvyzy8a.jpg

PM me an address if it's to your liking.

I also have a nice ratty Westfield skip tooth chainring if you need.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
I also have a nice ratty Westfield skip tooth chainring if you need.

got the chain ring! but that stem is perfect ill pm you my address! thanks man!

udallcustombikes said:
That frame is a great start. I am subscribed to the thread and looking forward to seeing the progress. Let me know if you need any help.

You should also be aware that there is a very good possibility that this bike will vanish into Rat Rod Bikes legend after the auction. No one has seen any signs of the first two bikes since they were shipped.

im gonna enter the bidding as well! hopefully it dose not dissapere!

Can't wait to see what you come up with, I'll be putting some money back for the auction myself. On a side note I have been debating for days on buying the frame while you had it for sale! :lol: Glad to see its going to good use.

I can't remember what the bike brought last year! :oops: I'm sure Cameron "udallcustombikes" will know.

Both previous auction bikes brought in just over $500 I think. I have always liked the raffle idea, but the logistics of it make it tough. Do we mail a raffle ticket to everyone who buys one? Plus the buyer has to pay shipping on top of the purchase price.

I just googled to see if there was some online raffle ticket site and it looks like it is against the law to run an online raffle in most every state.

Why are online raffles illegal? Is it considered gambling?...Sheesh we have some waste of time laws..

Yeah, raffles are hard to have online if not impossible for most groups. It has to be set up through a not-for-profit or something. I've done it before on a 4x4 website, but I think everything was a "donation" I'm not really sure, pretty sure we could've been busted even for that (we were raising money for a widow who just lost her husband, one of our good friends, in Afghanistan).

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Like I said in the other thread, I have this stem I'll donate to the cause:

8uvyzy8a.jpg

PM me an address if it's to your liking.

That stem is epic.

udallcustombikes said:
Both previous auction bikes brought in just over $500 I think. I have always liked the raffle idea, but the logistics of it make it tough. Do we mail a raffle ticket to everyone who buys one? Plus the buyer has to pay shipping on top of the purchase price.

That's the number I had stuck in my head ($500), but was not sure. A raffle would be cool & probably raise more $$, but sounds like a nightmare to me! I am pretty confident we BCT will come up with something really cool, that we all would want to own!

+1 on the stem also!

Parts photos comming today! I'm gonna get started on cleaning and re building wheels! Please look at the donation list to help out! And of interested in donating 5 or 10 bucks for pinstripe please contact me for PayPal info! The fun starts now!!

a few more part pics..here is the dogleg crank westfield chainring and long spring saddle that are going to be used!
me and dog dart are gonna tag team the seat! He is going to do the leather for the seat and were going to make a leather insert for say a little smaller than the seat is! and im going to use brass rivets to connect the leather to the pan! (this is the plan)
im going to make a hang tank for the bike from old wood re finished and some custom lettering will be hand done on both sides of the tank! all the pinstripe and lettering will be revealed on the final day! new years eve!
im still a little up in the air in the final colors/finish/patina for the bike! but one thing i like to do is use coins for all my washers so i will be using a lot of brass and old pennies..and i will also be using a green patina to age all the brass! thats what i got so far guys stay tuned...more pics and progress coming up! Ive had request for laying out a drawing for the build and i think i feel better giving everyone a surprise as i build! Im a tattoo artist by trade and believe it or not i dont give people there art layout until they get here for the tattoo! so i guess i just feel better that way! please eveyone go ove the donation list now i gave myself only a month and a week to build this and there is alot of detail to go in so having parts now will help my timeline! thanks guys!

rrb1.jpg

rrb2.jpg

any body have cool ratty handle bars that would look good for board track bike?

Latest posts

Back