**RRB 2012 AUCTION BIKE-**UNITY**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2012 RRB AUCTION BIKE!!! Support you local rat rodder!

As soon as I find a box, the forks will be on the way, BUMP! Will be in the mail in a couple of days! 8)

I don't have any of the needed parts so I'm gonna chip in $30 on the striping.
Check your PayPal, it should be there.

I like the parts selections so far and your description. I think it's going to be more fun not seeing a sketch first. Not knowing what's next is part of the fun in following a build thread. Plus, I really don't know if I could build a pre-designed build. It's too much of try this try that flowing process for me.

GET TO BUILDING!!!!!

Sneak peak!

PB120453.jpg

Black Crown Tattoo said:
any body have cool ratty handle bars that would look good for board track bike?

Probably not what you're looking for, but they could be flipped so they pull back and have "horns". Let me know if you want to use them on the build.

rb18.jpg

terry ill take the whole bike!!! well what im realy looking for is something a little more like the build off winner bike! thats what i have in my head now! but ill see where it takes me..

just waiting on some more parts and this build is gonna start rollin! more pics up later!

stem went out today at noon Priority Mail from central CT.

Re: 2012 RRB AUCTION BIKE!!! Support you local rat rodder!*pics*

Still looking for bars?

I've got this set of a 1950 youth Monark, they're narrow, but have a nice arch and curve to them. As a bonus, they are plenty 'ratty'. looks like you have a stem, so I'll pull it off first.

Let me know and I'll get them out to you!

IMG_20121120_075753.jpg

IMG_20121120_075900.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

hey give me a width bar end to bar end...i like em but i want to see how narrow they are...get the feel before i have you ship em! might work out great!!!

got the tank stencil done...going to find some wreathed wood for the hang tank section and cut it and finish it! going to get started tearing these wheels down!

rrba1.jpg

cardboard template

rrba2.jpg

Dr T's bars are perfect! Use em!

i digg em just got to make sure there not to to narrow! probly be good tho!

Narrow is good. You wanna be aerodynamic on the board track.

Forks coming your way tomorrow via USPS Priority Mail so you get them quicker! You may even have them Friday!

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Narrow is good. You wanna be aerodynamic on the board track.

true but! the way they face down the turn radius is shorter cause you have a tank and frame in the way! they dont clear above that! so the vintage bikes had pretty wide bars...well normal..but the searing radius has to be wide enough to not hit the tank or frame! im doing my homework! :D

They're 20.5" bar end to bar end, keeps those arms tight to the body when you're in your tuck. :mrgreen:

boardtracker-1.jpg

Let me know, either way, I'm sooo glad you're the one taking this on. Your bikes have a real 'natural' look to them, I wish I could let the bikes just 'be' like you do (hope that makes sense).

Being one of the builders of the first Auction Rat was one of the coolest things I've ever been part of, this bike will be the same for you.

P.S. Remember to PM me the address of your shop, I'd like to stop in when I'm town.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Back