Turnigy HXT Powered Custom Cruiser Worklog

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work boy. If you have the skills you can make anything out of anything. After building Streetrods for 15 years I always told people that I could build a car out of a garbage can. You make it look easy ,but there was alot of time in that no money belt adjuster. :wink: Ahaaa it feels good to be clean and just watch others. :D :D :D I stared blindly into space for the last couple days ...dreaming of projects to come.

...I have some EXCELLENT news on the time frame for initial test rides! ...I am having the necessary funds deposited in my bank account this afternoon to cover entire cost of batteries!

8 Turnigy packs ran into 480 ish dollars plus 80 bucks freight ... invoice As can be seen i have grabbed a few extra items for wiring up the box (unfortunately 4mm bullet connectors are on back orer so opted for 3.5mm for the miscellaneous connections) ...one step closer to full GanGSTA 8) status LoL... Hopefully this wont entail KFF (kentucky fried fingers) as well :p

KiM

Enough money is always good, but something tells me if you found several thousand euro's laying around ...you would find something to buy with it. :wink:

Ok all the wheels...belts ...pulleys and springs are getting too confusing , and that is you havent even gotten to the wire the thing up part. Take a torch and clear all that stuff out and stick a v8 in it and lets get on with this. :D :D :D I'll mail you something to make it shaft drive....looking good as usual dude.

I thought about you the other day . A guy on craigslist had a worksman 3 wheeler with a magic pie motor on the front wheel and he wanted $300 for it. If it ran and the batteries were good It should have been a really good deal. I was going to strip of the motor and sell the 3 wheeler . I had a flash of sanity and decided against it. I still have the Honda 3 speed 125cc motor with the auto trans and I'm sure it would make a cool build on one of my frames. Or I could whip up something to stick the motor in the rear. I'm fairly handy at frame designs. :p :p

Looking at your motor setup...The belt comes off the shaft on the kickstand side of the bike ...Why is there so much shaft sticking out on the other side ? Is the motor for an either side drive? Do you cut that part off or just leave it?

It might be a weight factor thing ,but I'm surprised that your not using some sort of gears ,instead of the belt setup on your reduction box. Like a gear drive on a car motor.There would be alot less deflection and the application would be rock solid. I have noticed that you have removed the outrigger acuator motor. I guess it got in the way of your battery box , unless you cut a tunnel in it for the actuator. Lots of stuff to make fit in a small area huh? I'm still watching...and clean :wink:

Ok Ok I'l stop asking silly questions. You and the Sphere guys have already figures all this out. I'm just wasteing ink.
I wouldnt let that guy ride my Harley though. :roll:

Hi.

How are you gonna brake ?
Always FIRST cut off the power, then use the brakes ?
How many amps will your esc. be ?

Hm the amp limiter is a good thing, as the motor can draw much more amps.
I'm an rc-boater, and this motor is used in rc-boats boats aswell, easily shutting down a
160 A Schulze esc on 10S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back