Turnigy HXT Powered Custom Cruiser Worklog

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No biggie Kim. I have a mind like a steel trap...just took seconds to see the mistake. Thanks for the measurements. :D

Ok I read that three times and never understood what was wrong. The bolts sticking out of that pulley were hitting the dropouts? Seemed if I understood the problem it could have been fixed by putting a washer between the hub and the inside of the dropouts.

Ok I got it now ....I think it was your accent that was throwing me off. I didnt think about you having limitations on the width due to axel length and I see if something is bolted to the wheel ,spacers wont change the distance.I was thinking outside ......Got you covered now ...I understand. :wink:

I know you would not change it now ,due to the amount of work involved....BUT if you redid your dropouts where they were the angle of the two tubes and welded them on the inside of the tubes instead of in the center, you would solve alot of your spaceing problems. It would give you probably another inch or 25.4 mm's . Your axel would have full thread nuts and it might solve your chain being too close to the frame. When I centered my dropouts I was having the same problems. It was making the rear sprocket real close to the bottom chainstay and the chain rubbed. I had to add spacers.

After reading that you are going to cut the tubing anyway , the simplest fix it to hold another piece of metal the same thickness against the dropouts...mark and cut it ...take your cutoff saw/grinder and cut off everything but what is inside the tubing top and bottom ...clamp the new dropouts on the inside and weld to the old dropouts and chainstays...should be a fairly quick change. Problem solved and you wont loose the frame being straight. Heck I could do it in an hour or so.

Since were all somewhat critical of each others work, I've got to tell you mate, you really need to hire some bird to make you a seat cover! LMFAO That thing looks like a kid made it with one hand tied behind his back. Surely you know a few birds that sew, mate? I just watched the movie "Chopper" and now I'm thinking in bloody Australian. :mrgreen:

Later mate, she'll be right.
T

Dude there's 9 pages and I think I read through them months ago, I can't remember what I had for breakfast let alone what you said 9 pages ago. Well then I expect your mockup saddle to look better from now on! Get right on it Tonto...

Later T

Shoot stick a fork in me I'm done. got bikes running out of my ears. Cut my jig table ,leaned it against the wall...screwed 15 hooks in the cealing of my shop and hung some of my bikes and locked the door. I'll watch for a while. :cry: :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back